`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Getting into the box-breaking game

Getting into the box-breaking game
Hey guys. I'm looking at getting into the box breaking game. Ya know selling team slots on ebay and breaking boxes. Was just wondering everyone's opinion on it. Can you actually make money? Are people interested in it? Or should I just stay away from the whole situation.

RE: Getting into the box-breaking game
Well, I would say that it's probably going to be a rough go, at least when you start. Most of the big guys on eBay (the ones you can trust) have a bunch of feedback for doing breaks, and there are definitely some rules that eBay has put into place to protect the buyer. Also, I would say that you would be lucky to make money. The guys that I buy breaks from don't do it to make money, they do it to cover the costs of the cases they buy. They break even more often than not, but they definitely enjoy what they are doing. It's an uphill battle, more than likely, but if you think you would enjoy doing it, then it may be worth a try. Just make sure you do your homework on the rules on eBay and maybe find some of the really successful sellers and try to emulate what they do with their break descriptions and rules.

I used to do it a lot... do it live or don't do it at all ... get a U-stream account.... I used to make money ( not a lot) and get the phins for free ! once in a great while someone would not pay and I would get an extra hit .... got a Gridiron Namath auto /25 that way

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Get out of it.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

I always wanted to do it my self also just for the fun of busting all the boxes but just never gave it a shot. Seems like a lot of work keeping track of everything and all the shipping that would be involved. I just don't have the time for it. Good luck though
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

I had a good thing going with an LCS owner before he retired and moved to florida.... He would let me take pics of the sealed boxes / cases with SN #'s to post auctions and he would hold em until the auctions ended.... would give me the product at cost as long as I opened it and streamed live from the shop ... brought in customers who liked to watch and they start spending especially after seeing a decent hit or 2 ... so it was good all around Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Welcome to the Heroin junkies paradise....you will be twitching in no time
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Honestly it takes a few months to get them rolling in. Of course I avoid doing mine on ebay like the plague. The fee's are rediculous. But you have to start some where. Best of luck in your endeavors. Look to me posting the hits from the Bowman Case break I am doing tonight.
Eddie George Super Collector

Thanks for the advice guys. ZeroDave I'm trying it out on eBay. But what would you recommend when I get more established?

i used to get good deals on cases and sell hobby packs of hot items.. you can make a few bucks that way.. i know i did. good luck
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.