`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why all the hate?

RE: Why all the hate?
some people here, when speaking of Tebow, have blinders on because they dislike him for personal reasons and that gets in the way of talking objectively about him. When you talk like that you lose credibility with me anyway. One reply above was pretty good-the Pats arent stupid and they see something in him or they wouldnt have signed him.
How do you guys think this will affect his card prices?
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(06-11-2013, 11:11 AM)floydtown Wrote: some people here, when speaking of Tebow, have blinders on because they dislike him for personal reasons and that gets in the way of talking objectively about him. When you talk like that you lose credibility with me anyway. One reply above was pretty good-the Pats arent stupid and they see something in him or they wouldnt have signed him.
How do you guys think this will affect his card prices?
i hope that doesnt mean me, because as i said: i dont personally dislike him, and i like that he is a man of faith. so instead of just beating around the bush, speak directly and make it plain.

Interesting points .I guess I was trying to figure out more if it was really his playing style or more of his character. A lot of teams started using the wildcat and last year and this year will be about the pistol and was wondering if the Pats are bringing him in for those situations also with 13 years in the league is this some sort of a back up plan for Brady to retire.Im not a Brady Fan but I can admit the Fact he is a great qb but do Patriot fans feel his career is winding down? also you stat guys How many Qbs have won a super bowl after their 13th year in the NFL? I dont know but would like to know lol
Photobucket

(06-11-2013, 11:40 AM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: Interesting points .I guess I was trying to figure out more if it was really his playing style or more of his character. A lot of teams started using the wildcat and last year and this year will be about the pistol and was wondering if the Pats are bringing him in for those situations also with 13 years in the league is this some sort of a back up plan for Brady to retire.Im not a Brady Fan but I can admit the Fact he is a great qb but do Patriot fans feel his career is winding down? also you stat guys How many Qbs have won a super bowl after their 13th year in the NFL? I dont know but would like to know lol
Elway is one for sure, '83 draft and Super Bowl XXXII ('97 season) and XXXIII ('98 season).
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(06-11-2013, 11:40 AM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: Interesting points .I guess I was trying to figure out more if it was really his playing style or more of his character. A lot of teams started using the wildcat and last year and this year will be about the pistol and was wondering if the Pats are bringing him in for those situations also with 13 years in the league is this some sort of a back up plan for Brady to retire.Im not a Brady Fan but I can admit the Fact he is a great qb but do Patriot fans feel his career is winding down? also you stat guys How many Qbs have won a super bowl after their 13th year in the NFL? I dont know but would like to know lol
i dont hate on tebow but i gotta ask.. if nobody wants tebow to start NOW.. why would the pats wait for him when brady retires? If tebow was gonna replace someone down the road then he couldve stayed in denver, right? this move is being thrown wayyy outve proportion.. its just a regular free agent signing. Bill bellichick said it the best today to the press " i think weve talked enough about him" him meaning tebow. and he went on and didnt answer ANYMORE about him.

i know jacoby throws dilfer out all the time(lol) but dilfer had arguably the BEST defense in awhile since the bears of the mid 80s. joe flacco had the 15th ranked defense last year.. really dislike flacco not getting any dang credit honestly. Seems like people who can accel the most get alotve critics around here.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(06-11-2013, 11:20 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i hope that doesnt mean me, because as i said: i dont personally dislike him, and i like that he is a man of faith. so instead of just beating around the bush, speak directly and make it plain.
it was not meant at anyone in particular-just alot of tebow haters on the boards
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

For me, it's talent versus fanbase, and the fact that if folks are critical of him as a player, it is taken as a personal attack against Tebow.

there are some folks that dont like his evangelicalism, and how that effects his political stances.

the wildcat - as stats bear out - was successful for a very short times - games, not seasons. i believe, if memory serves me right, that wildcat plays in the nfl were less successful statistically. defenses caught on quickly

and so it will go for the pistol. mind you, wilson, kap, rgiii are far more talented qb's than tebow, both pocket and out of pocket. but sooner or later, defenses will catch up. probably sooner

pats will not be bringing him in for that. they are not going to take the ball out of brady's hands for 4-5 plays a game in that fashion. i do think they will run more than in years past, now that ridley and vereen have shown they can do it, and tebow might fit in as some kind of woodhead third back, or as a fullback, possibly. i dont think he has the speed or quickness to play TE, nor do i think the pats have a positional need there (hernandez, ballard, couple other guys. and gronk when he gets healthy)

id actually like to see what tebow could do as a backup mike LB or as a safety. he could end up as a situational two way player (ala troy brown, edelman)

fact is: if tebow is willing to try new things, the pats are the best chance for him to develop that. they have a long history of converting players (edlman was a former college qb, for instance. he now is a wr and db, situationally)

i dont thnk he has the talent to be a 2nd string qb. i dont know if he has enough speed at the nfl level to succeed as a halfback or te or wideout.

but i think if anyone can find out, it's the pats. im not surprised they picked him up (id be interested in seeing the contract). but they also pick up a lot of names in the offseason, then cut them. last year it was addain, anthony gonzalez, etc. i wouldnt be surprised if tebow got cut. if he insists on holding press conferences like he did with the jets, he definitely wont make the team.

brady hasnt showed signs of slowing down. i think he has at least 4 good years left (which is why after this season, mallet is going to be trade bait). they didnt sign tebow to be the future starter

as far as qb's winning after 13 seasons: elway comes to mind, brad johnson maybe? and he beat gannon who was 37. steve young was 33, so he is close. monatana did it. plunkett did it at 36 years old. staubach was 35. (and lost one when he was 36). unitas was 36 or 37 years old as well

so id say old guys can make it there, and win it (tarkenton lost one when he was 36 as well, i believe)

wow didnt think that there were that many that old to win but I guess back then it was a different time with more put on the running backs instead of the pass happy we see now .
Photobucket

(06-11-2013, 01:01 PM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: wow didnt think that there were that many that old to win but I guess back then it was a different time with more put on the running backs instead of the pass happy we see now .
true. and elway didnt win until he had terrell davis

His mechanics is all outta whack! Plain and simple. Nobody's denying his will to win, but in order to win, you gotta have the fundamentals. He's not accurate on his throws for the most part, and he's hesitant to make the throw before the receiver comes out of his break.
Three years in the league already... And he hasn't really corrected those issues.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library