Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on improving the site

Update on improving the site
Hey guys,

I wanted to update everyone on the progress of the improvements of our website. I just had a meeting with Bill Sutherland, COO of Beckett, and I saw all of the progress he has made. First, he has read every comment from the first post I made regarding improving the site. He has a very thorough list of the things that need to be worked on.

There are a few items that I am really excited about for the site. There is a search thesaurus in the works. We are also updating the Add Items in Organize. You will be able to add have/want a lot easier. The last thing I will mention today is probably the thing that people have asked for the most. I got to see the first images of our new Matchmaker program that is being worked on.

Any suggestions submitted will always be looked at and talked about. I will be having more frequent meetings with Bill and I will update everyone when I find out anything new.

Thanks,

Justin
Also, I forgot to mention, there is now a polling option on the forums. You can create your own polls and get people's opinions that way. Just something fun for everyone, I think.

RE: Update on improving the site
Please look into adding an export feature for the org! I'd love to be able to export my collection to a CSV! Even if you left off BV from the export if you are worried about someone abusing it. It's all a database and in my little experience it shouldn't difficult at all to add this feature.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

Thanks for the update and I hate to be a pessimist but I will believe it when I see it at this point. You have to understand I am not trying to be a jerk here but I have been waiting for this new site to be better for a long time now.

Maybe Bill will let you post some of those screenshots of MatchMaker? Any word on when that will actually be ready?
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(06-10-2013, 06:18 PM)snobles Wrote: Thanks for the update and I hate to be a pessimist but I will believe it when I see it at this point. You have to understand I am not trying to be a jerk here but I have been waiting for this new site to be better for a long time now.

Maybe Bill will let you post some of those screenshots of MatchMaker? Any word on when that will actually be ready?
There will be a screenshot of matchmaker soon. He didn't give me an exact date, but when I find out I will make sure to let everyone know.

How about notifying people when they're going to do maintenance on the site? Nothing like being a morning person only to find you cannot get your work/trades done because 'the site is under maintenance' At this point, I'm not going to even ask for compensation for it being down so many times because I guess i cant have a working website without some down time. So i should be happy that it's actually getting worked on.

As fart as adding cards to our org, It'd be nice if it defaulted when you added a card to having it as 1 in your org. It's annoying to add cards, than have to go back in there and put that you own it.

but on a more positive note, thank you for actually following through with your promises (for once somebody from beckett has) and keeping us updated. Your show of good faith in doing so has made me hold off lighting the torches, however, my lynching gear is still near the door.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I too will believe it when I get to use it.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

optimus said fart LOL
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

(06-11-2013, 12:19 AM)chemainus Wrote: optimus said fart LOL
Wink
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

thanks for the update

too bad I clear my org out when I let my sub expire before getting the June discount
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)