`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any idea on inserts and odds for these 90s boxes?

RE: Any idea on inserts and odds for these 90s boxes?
(06-10-2013, 10:06 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Yeah you know I'm a 90's guy but that is pretty cheap for Retro. Cheapest price I've heard of in months. I think if they hit $250 I might even have to try it!
Same here but I agree, tempting price. Watched a few 96-97 and 97-98 ex break...kinda tempting too.

(06-10-2013, 10:40 PM)user_3n5kp Wrote: Same here but I agree, tempting price. Watched a few 96-97 and 97-98 ex break...kinda tempting too.
I tempted the fates and bought that 09-10 SP Game Used for $300, pulled the MJ Legacy jersey card /23 out of the very last pack. The box also had a Kobe GU, a Durant /99, Celts triple (Garnett, Pierce, Allen)/125, Curry RC /399 and a quad auto. Occasionally the high-end newer stuff does pay off!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(06-10-2013, 10:56 PM)buckunteer Wrote: I tempted the fates and bought that 09-10 SP Game Used for $300, pulled the MJ Legacy jersey card /23 out of the very last pack. The box also had a Kobe GU, a Durant /99, Celts triple (Garnett, Pierce, Allen)/125, Curry RC /399 and a quad auto. Occasionally the high-end newer stuff does pay off!
Damn buck, that is a nasty rip right there. I have been on a horrible streak. Went modern with Prizm, Select Elite and an SPA this year and got junk. At least 90s rips don't sting as much. Did one retro not too long ago and it was lackluster. Got great inserts but wrong players.

So what do we all think, 1996-97 EX 2000 or a 2011-12 Retro for the main course? Odds are certainly better for an MJ in the Retro and it is $50 cheaper.

Appetizer will be a 92-93 Stadium Jumbo, dessert might be the z-force series 2 or one of the 2 97-98 Ultras. Which is better, series 1 or 2?

If you are going to get the deal on dacardworld it ends before noon today (as it is their "daily deal" for yesterday). By the way they give you options for free gifts for spending that much, so you could get a 1996/97 UD USA Gold Edition Basketball 11-Pack Box at no extra cost. Not that there is much to get excited about in the USA box, but it is still a fun and cheap 90s rip.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Better decide fast. Those EX are dope but the chances are slim on MJ. Not that retro is so much better but there are so many more worthwhile MJs hiding out between autographics, 61s, pmgs, jambalayas etc.

EX is Kobe RC, Net assets and cut above, credentials too but I'm not that lucky. I have a few hours to figure this out, such problems!! HAHAHA

Alot of those packs in the boxes, the cards are stuck together now