`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
my sunday rant.

RE: my sunday rant.
I can be a little tape happy. I try to recycle the bubble envelopes that I get from trades and from buying stuff on eBay, and sometimes I need to use some extra tape to reseal them, and then I use some tape to put the shipping label on, since I can't print to sticker at work (where I do my packing). But, I do leave the outside edge of the envelope flap untaped so that it can be opened by running a letter opener through that area, or a pair of scissors.

As to the tape on the top of the top loaders, I typically don't do that, but I can't say that I haven't reused cases that have been taped and are gooey to send cards out to people. I have been going through so many card cases recently that I'd rather get the card sent out so that I don't make the other person wait 3 or 4 extra days before I can get more cases. Haven't had any complaints about that yet, so I guess I haven't ruffled any feathers doing that (though, it's only been 2 or 3 times that I've actually done that out of 30+ trades in the past 4 months).

I've gotten a couple that were super taped, but it doesn't bother me. I can always cut the end of the envelope off and just slide them out. I'm still like a kid getting presents for Christmas when I get stuff! LOL, now that I think about it, my dad always did do stuff like put 1000 feet of tape on gifts, or put a wrapped box inside of a wrapped box inside of a wrapped box, etc, just to screw around with my sisters and me, so a little bit of tape has never really bothered me!

Tabs! Make tabs with tape if using it. Simple. Fold the end underneath and voila - you made a tab. The person on the other end can grab the tab and pull the tape off. (Well, not on paper but if mailing, lets say - 10 toploaders, or an acrylic box, etc.... Or bubble wrap over cards..
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Penny sleeve

Top loader

One piece of painter's tape over top of toploader

Team bag

One thick, white "decoy" card on each side of toploader inside team bag

Seal team bag

One piece of painter's tape around team bag/contents vertically to keep it all enclosed

Cut this out and put it on your refrigerator

Mail all of your trades out like this forever

(06-10-2013, 07:46 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Penny sleeve

Top loader

One piece of painter's tape over top of toploader

Team bag

One thick, white "decoy" card on each side of toploader inside team bag

Seal team bag

One piece of painter's tape around team bag/contents vertically to keep it all enclosed

Cut this out and put it on your refrigerator

Mail all of your trades out like this forever
Right - 1 card - the OP is referring to everything - boxes - packages - multi top loaders. I've dealt with a vault of tape before, and it's plenty secure - just frustrating! But - I'm with you on the team back and decoy - however, I'll slap whatever tape I've got on a team bag (with a tag) - you can replace the bag with no problem.

[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(06-10-2013, 07:55 PM)ugameck Wrote: Right - 1 card - the OP is referring to everything - boxes - packages - multi top loaders. I've dealt with a vault of tape before, and it's plenty secure - just frustrating! But - I'm with you on the team back and decoy - however, I'll slap whatever tape I've got on a team bag (with a tag) - you can replace the bag with no problem.
I was mostly just doing it as a public service announcement to all the people who struggle mightily with the concept of "secure, yet easy to deal with" packaging, LOL

I hate tape on toploaders!
I wish some people would use common sense. Don't tape the toploader! Team bag it along with a decoy inside. Firmly create a nice small "pinch" over the top of the toploader so that the card in the toploader does not escape. Then apply the extra tape across the seal of the team bag. TADA!!!

I have before literally received from a trade a BRICK of a card encased in bubble mailers and tape so thick it felt like I just bought a brick of coke... And not the drinking kind either.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library