`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 packs from a "fresh box" of Rookie Anthology.

10 packs from a "fresh box" of Rookie Anthology.
I called the LCS (NOT my regular shop, but another one close by that I've been testing the waters with) this morning to see if they had a box, and they replied that they had two. Excellent! Hold one for me, I'm coming in to get it! I got there and there was one box gone, which they claimed to have sold before I arrived ten minutes after my call. There was one box left, it was open, and the Prism pack was gone. Wonderful, thanks guys. I bought the packs on the notion that they were from a single open box, promised several times that he opened it up to sell for packs. They gave the Prism pack from the second box to the buyer of the first because he's a regular. I know now that this was complete crap, and they let someone pull what he thought were ten fat packs from the box, and take home both Prism packs for being such a loyal customer. Here were the results of the box I opened...

[Image: RABreak2_zps48ef96f5.jpg]

I don't need to really point out that I pulled three rookies and three trophy cards, one jersey and two autos from the same set, do I? Someone (probably the shop owner, who I've seen open packs from clean boxes before) is the proud owner of about three or four fat hits from those two boxes, and I'm stuck with the leftovers. Everything but the Chara is available, and I apologize for not typing out all the hit details, I'm just disgusted by this place, and will only deal with the other shop in town from here on out. Shoot me a PM if anything interests you.
-Chris
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

RE: 10 packs from a "fresh box" of Rookie Anthology.
sweet Bobby Clark!!
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

That's a bummer! Sometimes I wish there was another Hockey card shop nearby here, but fortunately for me the one LCS owner and I have a really good relationship and we both know that the "hit packs" would never be something I expect him to save for me, nor would I ever ask him to. Fully agree with Bonnev659- that is a sweet Bob Clarke card. Hope you have much better luck next time!

The Clarke is pretty amazing, I'll admit it. The crusty old tape covering half the stick piece is awesome. Let's hope I can move it for something PC.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

What bugs me about a LCS like this is that they spoil it for other ones (people just stick to eBay instead). Sadly, it hurts them in the long-run because they'll miss out on long-term customers just to get a few quick "hits".

Nice clarke
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK