`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
CARDS101 (12 people and counting)

RE: CARDS101 (10 people and counting)
Wouldn't you think the parents would start to wonder why the kid is getting all these packages in the mail? I know I sure would!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

I actually successfully traded quite a bit at that age... back in the old AOL-shout-out-what-you-want-chats... I have no problem with trading with a kid, as long as they follow thru.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

I have a pending trade with him where he said he wouldn't send first -- so it's just sitting in limbo.

I lost two cards. It was a very small trade - about $10 BV. Didn't wait for him to send first because I was headed out of town. Oops.

So anyway, yeah.
I need the 2013 Johnny Cueto Turkey Red Cyan Printing Plate - will pay a Finder's Fee!

Looking for any and all Cincinnati Reds...

Bucket out of order until I figure out how the new Photobucket site works.

I knew this dude was flakey from the start... Very pushy and not to mention between April 28th-May 13th he submitted 12 different trades offers to me. Id have to say it was the most ridicules thing ive seen on this site in over 2 years. Needless to say I never traded him. Thank god I was on my Bryce Harper kick at the time or I might of lost some pretty good ones.

JAKELOVESCARDS Part II? (touchy subject I know)

Sorry to all parties who were involved in this especially those who I have traded with because I know you guys are all stand up guys. I just hope no one lost anything really big...
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

I insisted he send first and he refused and canceled trade.
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

RE: CARDS101 (11 people and counting)
Wow, got a msg from him today aplogizing stating he is going to send everyone's cards back on Friday. Dunno what you all did, but thank you!
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

I completed a trade with him on May 17th, but got a weird vibe from him. I decided to wait to receive his cards before sending. Once I told him that, he tried to intimidate me to go ahead and send the cards. I knew then that I would never see those cards. I contacted the moderator, because I was concerned that he had ripped off other people and I'm sad to see I was right.

(06-05-2013, 08:16 PM)floydtown Wrote: Who else does this guy owe???

owes-tin8shusd, aprirr, minitracer, sparkz2102, dspainjr, imagine024, tate31nym, decriscio619, BayAreaJavy, homerjg007, reds77
Just saw this...phillies_joe 2 trades BV under $30 in total. Just sent him a message yesterday.

I figured out afterwads that they were probably shaddy. Kept sending me trade requests every day for like 1 base card (different card each time). Finally told him that that his org of 12 cards (lol) was too limited and not to request a trade until I had received my cards. I'm not responding back to him on his request for my address, I'll let the police / USPS handle it when I send stuff tonight (Thanks for the links).

Lesson learned: listen to my gut...receive before sending anything with people who have < 15 completed trades.....listen to the advice I have seen here 100 times (really wish I didn't have to operate like this....it's "only" cards). Sorry too all that got burned....mine were only base and inserts, hope other's were not high valuded stuff.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

RE: CARDS101 (12 people and counting)
I have spoken with Andrew through the mod email account and he says he will be returning everyone's cards. He cannot afford DC and is 13yrs old. I advised him to tell his parents and will keep everyone updated on when he mails each members' package back.
Hopefully, this ends with all cards returned.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)