`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
CARDS101 (12 people and counting)

RE: CARDS101 (12 people and counting)
Got me too. I can tell he is just a kid. I have an intact copy of his address if anybody needs it.

(06-17-2013, 10:50 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Once again ...
What is this supposed to mean, Hughes? This kid had less than 10 completed trades so anyone that sent first did so at their own risk. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Once again....on this site and many other trade sites, it mentions that if you have less than 20 trades, you may be asked to send first. Everyone knows about building positive feedback and new traders are usually asked to send first. There are people in this thread that were smart enough to wait to receive his end. They were not burned by this kid. Those that did send first have unfortunately learned a lesson the hard way.

(06-18-2013, 01:13 AM)david campos Wrote: What is this supposed to mean, Hughes? This kid had less than 10 completed trades so anyone that sent first did so at their own risk. They have nobody to blame but themselves.
I do take full responsibility for sending 1st and understand that ALL trading is done at our own risk so I'm not pointing the finger at anyone but myself. I also understand that Beckett (any web-site for that matter) cannot monitor/verify everyone's age and do not in anyway blame Beckett for what has transpired with this kid. I've learned my lesson and will just have to be more diligent going foward.

I appreciate and applaud floydtown for the time and effort put in to try to help us get this squared away. Sorry to all those who have gotten taken.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I completely agree - It was a $3 card on my end and I took the chance. I really do appreciate everyone doing their best to get him to send what he did.
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

It was meant toward one particular user who has a thing out for me and has some negative response every time I post something!

My comment had nothing to do with beckett and the job they're doing handling this. I know they're doing, and did, all they can to fix the situation.

By the way, I would appreciate you not throwing my name out there.

(06-18-2013, 01:13 AM)david campos Wrote: This kid had less than 10 completed trades so anyone that sent first did so at their own risk. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Once again....on this site and many other trade sites, it mentions that if you have less than 20 trades, you may be asked to send first. Everyone knows about building positive feedback and new traders are usually asked to send first. There are people in this thread that were smart enough to wait to receive his end. They were not burned by this kid. Those that did send first have unfortunately learned a lesson the hard way.

(06-18-2013, 08:29 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: It was meant toward one particular user who has a thing out for me and has some negative response every time I post something!

My comment had nothing to do with beckett and the job they're doing handling this. I know they're doing, and did, all they can to fix the situation.

By the way, I would appreciate you not throwing my name out there.
Dude you think I have a thing out for you? Your poor trading habits and backing out on sales to members, etc has nothing to do with this. Your post basically said it shouldn't have happened because Beckett should have never allowed a 13 year old of the site. I simply defended Beckett because they have rules in place and can't have anyway to truly verify his true age.

Maybe you need to not mix personal with other issues. I don't have a thing out for you but when your wrong, your wrong. It's that simple. I would have said the same thing to anyone here that blamed Beckett for a 13 year old kids screw up. The blame lies on the young man and some what on his parents but not at all on Beckett. If anything Beckett deserves and applause here for having a mod like Floydtown who is spending a lot of his free time working to get resolution here for those involved.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(06-17-2013, 10:11 PM)tin8shusd Wrote: I'm still convinced CARDS101 is the same person as Claymaker101 from a couple months earlier... naming convention is the exact same as is the incredibly poor grammar and scammerish behavior. When I brought up Claymaker101 to CARDS101 his tune immediately changed from "WHEN R U SENDING!!! IM A SEND NEX WEEKE" to "Ok. Fine, I'll send next week". I do think it's an adult, as well.

Speaking of which, floydtown - have you checked out Claymaker101's About Me section on his trader profile? He states that you're a dead man walking... Not sure that should be up there.
thanks for letting me know
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

look what i found http://www.youtube.com/user/The49ers101 It's his youtube account and he is a kid apparently.

(06-18-2013, 12:01 PM)BayAreaJavy Wrote: look what i found http://www.youtube.com/user/The49ers101 It's his youtube account and he is a kid apparently.
It's a little sad to see a young man asking everyone for cards for free on there. I wish parents would get involved and help this young man collect. The sad thing is had he asked here most of us would have helped the young man rather than him going about it the way he did.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

+1

(06-18-2013, 12:26 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: It's a little sad to see a young man asking everyone for cards for free on there. I wish parents would get involved and help this young man collect. The sad thing is had he asked here most of us would have helped the young man rather than him going about it the way he did.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.