`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for case breakers

A question for case breakers
i never bought cases before( have two inception cases coming next month, probably will order a third before then) but i was wondering what you consider a good case compared to a bad case.
(like how many /25 and unders?) im going to be trying to put the base auto set together so im not worried if i dont get to many low #'d fancy cards but it would be nice Smile anyhow just wanted to start a convo about case breaking Smile
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

RE: A question for case breakers
Every product is totally different. Some cases you may open and not get a single /25 so it's hard to judge it that way. Since I have been busting for myself and not resell, I usually like getting a good variety without a bunch of dups. If I don't hit a few pc items like HOF'ers or higher end Dodger stuff, I still think I did really good if I got somewhere in the 75 percent ROI.

As an aside, since I have been buying more and more cases I have been stuck with a bunch of base. I usually don't build sets and it takes up a bunch of room. So I have been building one base set, keeping the inserts, stars, rookies, etc and then donating the base. I can deduct the donation at BV even for commons. So one case of Bowman I donated nearly $200 in commons.

Now, remember that only matters if you itemize (ie have more than $11k in itemized deductions) which I do. I am actually going to do some more research because I am thinking there may be cases out there that I can deduct nearly the full amount of the case. Now this doesn't apply to the higher end stuff since there isn't a lot of base but for stuff like Bowman.