`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
OT: panini trying to force unwanted replacement....what should I do?
Question 
OT: panini trying to force unwanted replacement....what should I do?
Just a quick question, when crown royale came out last year I purchased a few boxes and pulled a alex smith pennant purple 1/1 auto but it was damaged. Sent card and the necessary crap from the box to panini and 3 months later they finally replayed. The said they could NOT send the same card again and told me they had a 1/1 Dan fouts limited monkiers au instead. My dilemma is that I wanted the smith because it was my only au of his I have so I asked for another another smith and was told they had none. I then proceeded to ask for either an A's or raiders players because I am a fan of both and was told NO again. They said all that they have for replacements are the cards they pull doing quality control breaks. My response was so how about something from the 2012 rookie class or a Kobe, kyrie or Anthony auto and their response was this. The only card we have for replacement for the smith is the fouts. kobe, kyrie and Anthony are all of higher value as is the fouts that we are offering. It's either the fouts or the DAMAGED smith back. What do you all think I should do? I feel they should be a little nicer to me because they cannot fix the problem with the card I sent. I'm not asking for a 1/1 of a luck or Griffin , just something I'd be happy with. Am I being unreasonable with my request, plmk what you think.
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

RE: OT: panini trying to force unwanted replacement....what should I do?
Im supprised they wont work with you on that one, Its not like your asking for the world.
Current projects:
2014 Topps Heritage
2012 Gypsy Queen master set
Super Bowl Winning QB autos
1965 Topps baseball[Image: fellerryanben_zpse6968d67.jpg]

Yeah, quite surprised. But - how much is the going rate on an Alex Smith 1/1?
It's a sweet card, but are the Kobe's at any numbering worth more?
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(06-04-2013, 06:10 PM)nutshell278 Wrote: Im supprised they wont work with you on that one, Its not like your asking for the world.
I know right...damn panini.
(06-04-2013, 06:16 PM)ugameck Wrote: Yeah, quite surprised. But - how much is the going rate on an Alex Smith 1/1?
It's a sweet card, but are the Kobe's at any numbering worth more?
Not sure, no basketball opg.....Lol
Bucket

Oh - and I'd take the Fouts and run!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(06-04-2013, 06:22 PM)ugameck Wrote: Oh - and I'd take the Fouts and run!
Haha
Bucket

Did you try David Sharp? He's their customer service manager and really helped me out on an expired Kobe Bryant auto redemption.

His email address is dsharp@paniniamerica.net ...

Hope that helps, RJ

(06-04-2013, 07:01 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Did you try David Sharp? He's their customer service manager and really helped me out on an expired Kobe Bryant auto redemption.

His email address is dsharp@paniniamerica.net ...

Hope that helps, RJ
Thanks rj..think I actually have his business card form the nationals....
Bucket

Ive had quite a bit of experience with Panini lately with replacements. I waited almost a year and had over 10 phone conversations with them. Personally, I dont think their customer service manager is going to help much considering I was directed towards him by their reps 3 times. All 3 times I had to leave a voicemail and not once was I called back. Certain reps are pretty good though. They do seem to have limited replacement cards but you could try getting product too. I know they wanted to give me a couple boxes for my card. I think an auto of kobe, kyrie, or anthony is probably asking too much for smith. If it was a rc year 1/1 that would be a bit different. Id say the Fouts is very comparable and fair but if you dont like it, I would either try for boxes or just wait a couple more months and see if they have anything else available for it. Good luck man.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Take it. It could be, and still could get worse...
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"