`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Mt Rushmore of your team?

RE: What is the Mt Rushmore of your team?
(06-05-2013, 07:30 PM)muz0 Wrote: This is tough but epic post indeed. I'll break it down like this: 2 pitchers, 2 batters for the New York Snoopy's team I mean Mets!
Pitcher: "Terrific" Tom Seaver
Pitcher: Dwight "Doc" Gooden
Batter: Ed "Gillette saved me" Kranepool
Batter: David "Mr" Wright
I betcha a lot of folks question Ed Kranepool. He IS the Met. As the only one to play his entire career as met from start to finish. Anyway, that's my list.
Honorable mentions, Jerry Koosman, Howard Johnson and Mike Piazza. There's too many so i'll leave it as is.
I think that if you replace Ed Kranepool with Bill Buckner you'd have a better Mt. Met-more. Smile

Being a Yankee fan, it's tough to narrow it down to 4. There would have to be a triple Mt. Yank-more.
Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio and Mantle
Munson, Mattingly, Reggie and Rickey
Jeter, Posada, Rivera and Pettitte

See how tough it is being a Yankees Fan? Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

For the Brew Crew

1) Robin Yount
2) Paul Molitor
3) Hank Aaron - only played with the team 2 years but means so much more to the city
4) Ryan Braun - though with recent events this may change

Honorable mentions: Jim Ganter; Geoff Jenkins, Cecil Cooper, Gorman Thomas, George Scott, Bob Uecker

Randy Johnson
Ken Griffey Jr
Felix Hernandez
Nolan Ryan

Go Mariners! (and Nolan ryan)
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

(06-06-2013, 11:26 AM)favre3mvp Wrote: Randy Johnson
Ken Griffey Jr
Felix Hernandez
Nolan Ryan

Go Mariners! (and Nolan Ryan)
UM............ I'm confused? I love that Nolan Ryan made your list, but this is supposed to be our favorite team's lead players. And Nolan Ryan never played for the mariners.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(06-06-2013, 11:49 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: UM............ I'm confused? I love that Nolan Ryan made your list, but this is supposed to be our favorite team's lead players. And Nolan Ryan never played for the mariners.
smh....i know. I just like him. wish he would have.
played for rangers, astros,...he couldve tried the mariners.

Hes in my top 3 favorite pitchers.

[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

(06-05-2013, 07:30 PM)muz0 Wrote: Pitcher: "Terrific" Tom Seaver
Pitcher: Dwight "Doc" Gooden
Batter: Ed "Gillette saved me" Kranepool
Batter: David "Mr" Wright
Ya'know, now that I'm thinking about this more and more, you have the chance at putting, who I would consider, the greatest ballplayer ever on your mountain, and you didn't even mention him? You should be ashamed! Willie Mays, although mostly a Giant, legitimately played on your team, and had the affiliation with the New York National League prior to the Mets! Who would you rather have Willie Mays or Ed Cesspool .... Oops, Kranepool! You can also put Nolan Ryan on your Mt. Mets-more, and you pick Doc? He was great, but Ryan was just a little more ... monumental? If I had to pick .... I'd go, Willie Mays, Nolan Ryan, David Wright and Bill Buckner Smile .... Sorry, but that's always been my joke about the 1986 Mets and giving Bill Buckner the World Series MVP award. Smile LOL ... And Tom Seaver in the #4 slot, for sure!

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Ahahah good one indeed. Well Nolan Ryan during his met years wasn't really that great. Sure we was on the ss team but ehh. And yeah Mays but he only played a season with them as an offical met. I could also put warren spahan, duke insider, Eddie Murray, Ricky Henderson etc etc. But they didn't really put a stamp as much as those 4 I listed. Should've done 4 batters or 4 pitchers only. Still tough call either way. Final thought, I would put lee mazilli on there since he was the fav in the early 80s
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.