`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patchwork

RE: Patchwork
Whoa, man. And I thought WE bought a lot of blasters! They look great. Are you going for any of the sets?
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(06-02-2013, 04:22 PM)aprirr Wrote: Whoa, man. And I thought WE bought a lot of blasters! They look great. Are you going for any of the sets?
I probably wouldn't buy so many blasters if I had a decent LCS nearby, so I'm stuck in retail-ville, buying blasters and accumulating patch cards.
Probably not, unless there's a deal I can't refuse,I'm not actively perusing any complete manufactured patch sets ... Right now. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-02-2013, 05:34 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I probably wouldn't buy so many blasters if I had a decent LCS nearby, so I'm stuck in retail-ville, buying blasters and accumulating patch cards.
Probably not, unless there's a deal I can't refuse,I'm not actively perusing any complete manufactured patch sets ... Right now. Smile
I hear you. From what I've been able to gather, the closest LCS with a decent selection is nearly 90 miles away. We will stick with the blasters and, besides, Bella likes the special pack the patch cards come in. She KNOWS something cool is coming out of that foil pack. That's good enough for me!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Impressive collection!

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature

I have a Frank Robinson signature patch if your interested.

I love the vintage logo patches and bought all 4 Phillies from that set.

Do you remember what size one touch is required?
Currently building: 2015 Topps S1/2/UP, 2016 Topps Series 1, 2016 Gypsy Queen
Super Collect Jeff Samardzija
PC: Frank Thomas, Andruw Jones, David Justice, Duke Basketball, Notre Dame Football

Sweet thats a lot of patches!!! I have just a few not nearly as many as you!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(06-02-2013, 07:28 PM)aprirr Wrote: I hear you. From what I've been able to gather, the closest LCS with a decent selection is nearly 90 miles away. We will stick with the blasters and, besides, Bella likes the special pack the patch cards come in. She KNOWS something cool is coming out of that foil pack. That's good enough for me!
Bella's right ... Everyone likes a hot pack. It's nice to know there's a hit to be had. Smart little one you're raising!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-02-2013, 08:36 PM)goduke Wrote: Do you remember what size one touch is required?
That's a tough question, and sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
They are all different sizes, so basically, you need 3 different size one-touch holders.
75 point / good for most of the retired number cards
100 point / good for most of the signature patches
130 point / good for most of the team patch cards

Some of the cards are a little too thick and you have to go one size up.
Hope this helps