`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on my 96 Chrome Kobe

Question on my 96 Chrome Kobe
I have a Topps Chrome Kobe Bryant psa 9 and I'm thinking about breaking it out and having BGS grade it instead. My reasoning is that I prefer BGS to PSA and also BGS seems to give higher grades on this card.

Here's the pop report for BGS:
9: 936 9.5: 598 10: 54 total: 2,506 26% gem mint or better

Heres the pop report for PSA:
8: 397 9: 3481 10: 654 total: 4,617 14% gem mint

So my question is should I even bother or is it kind of risky since a PSA 9 would be better then a BGS 9 in this case? And if so should I break it out of the PSA case before sending it to BGS so they don't see the 9 grade or just send it still in the PSA case?

RE: Question on my 96 Chrome Kobe
Actually PSA seems to give the better grades in comparison. Mint or better, PSA has over 4,000 with that grade in comparison to BGS, they have a little over 650 mint or better. I'd keep it the way it is.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(05-28-2013, 06:34 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: Actually PSA seems to give the better grades in comparison. Mint or better, PSA has over 4,000 with that grade in comparison to BGS, they have a little over 650 mint or better. I'd keep it the way it is.
You forgot to tally the 9s in bgs when counting the mint or better but I see what you're saying. It appears to be easier to get mint or better with PSA but easier to get gem mint with BGS.

Lately a lot of people have been picking up PSA in comparison to BGS. It definitely is harder to get a gem mint from BGS than PSA. Personally, if it's encased I don't want to mess with it. If you would prefer to get a breakdown on the subgrades then BGS is the way to go.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

PSA 9 a lot of times translates to a BGS 8.5. Don't risk it. Enjoy the amazing card you have that a lot of people, like me, would kill to have lol. If anything, sell it and buy a BGS one, don't crack and resubmit though. You have a much higher chance of being disappointed than getting what you want
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

You can submit the card to BGS as is, you would just have to pay extra for them busting the card out of the PSA case. You can set a minimum grade and if it doesnt get that at least you still have your card in a PSA 9 slab. Definitely dont crack it out to submit it to BGS, I had a bad experience last month doing that.
I had my 1996-97 Skybox Premium Rubies #55 Kobe in PSA 9 and I cracked it out and sent it to BGS. BGS sent the card back ungraded because they determined the card had been altered.

I'd have to agree, psa seems like an easier grading system in my opinion.
Stupid people do stupid things
Smart people outsmart each other.