`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
SICK...CUSTOM BUILT DISPLAY W/HIGH END GU HOF'S...ETC....

RE: SICK...CUSTOM BUILT DISPLAY W/HIGH END GU HOF'S...ETC....
(05-29-2013, 06:47 PM)jstbuch Wrote: I think you would be surprised by the potential market for one. How long did it take you (total hours and total time period)?
I guess about a day's worth of work...having to put multiple layers of paint & clear coat on it & waiting for it to dry was the most time consuming...everything else just involved the level of skill & craftsmenship Smile
(05-29-2013, 06:47 PM)jstbuch Wrote: I think you would be surprised by the potential market for one. How long did it take you (total hours and total time period)?
It took over a whole day's worth of work due to the multiple layers of paint & clear coat drying....everything else is just based on my level of skill & craftmenship Wink

I guess since we are on the subject I'm open to orders being placed Smile
jstbuch:

It took me about a day's worth of work because of the multiple layers of paint & clear coat having to dry...everything else is just based on my level of skill & craftsmenship Wink

I'm open to other ideas & placing orders !!!
I've posted replies to this thread but they are not showing up for some reason :/
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

Thanks for sharing. Looks great and a sharp display case will attract attention...an old beat-up wooden case with some glass, I just walk on by....don't care what you have, presentation matters to me.

Not to be a debbie downer, but do you have props on the bottom to give it a slight raised angle for folks walking by or do the "dolls" (lol...love that display technique you shared with us) get displayed as well?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I would actually try posting them on another message board as there aren't a ton of dealers on here. But a whole day isn't bad. If you bought materials in bulk you could lower your price point to probably around $75. If you sold them for $200 plus shipping you'd clear $125 a case. I'm sure you'd get quicker over time and since it seems much of the time is actually paint drying you could probably crank out 2-3 a day. $375 a day... even if you just did weekends... nice little chunk of change. Maybe market them at shows to other dealers.

I don't know. I could be way off but I see people asking about nice display cases all the time. If they could hang on a wall and I didn't just spend a bunch of money on cases for my wall, I'd be willing to pay $200+ for one. I'd bet, with a few alterations, you could make some that hang on the wall too.

Maybe I'm being selfish since I would just like a better place to find nicer displays for my wall lol...

(05-29-2013, 08:25 PM)jstbuch Wrote: Maybe I'm being selfish since I would just like a better place to find nicer displays for my wall lol...
It would be easy to modify for a wall hanging...I could just tack in some slats on the bottom to hold the cards in place, change out the holding latches, & put some wall hangers on the back & your all set Wink

AND since its only a wall display I could use a thinner sheet of acrylic which would lower the cost...The 1/4" sheets (24x48) of acrylic cost almost $60 bucks at Lowe's...that's the most expensive piece of material & that's even with a Veteran's discount :/
(05-29-2013, 08:11 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Thanks for sharing. Looks great and a sharp display case will attract attention...an old beat-up wooden case with some glass, I just walk on by....don't care what you have, presentation matters to me.

Not to be a debbie downer, but do you have props on the bottom to give it a slight raised angle for folks walking by or do the "dolls" (lol...love that display technique you shared with us) get displayed as well?
Yup...if you notice in the 2nd picture (empty & opened) you'll see a stability hinge on each side holding up the top Smile

(05-29-2013, 08:25 PM)jstbuch Wrote: I don't know. I could be way off but I see people asking about nice display cases all the time.
+1

A good looking and cheap (in price) display case is hard to find. Figure out a wall hanging system and you have a potential customer here.........

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(05-29-2013, 08:39 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: +1

A good looking and cheap (in price) display case is hard to find. Figure out a wall hanging system and you have a potential customer here.........
It would be easy to modify for a wall hanging...I could just tack in some slats on the bottom to hold the cards in place, change out the holding latches, & put some wall hangers on the back & I can have you a wall hanging display Wink