`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
andrew aplin

RE: andrew aplin
(05-31-2013, 12:58 AM)jstbuch Wrote: A dollar a word is an incredibly good rate... like very very good.

I enjoyed it and the residual income can add up over time if you are good at marketing yourself and good at SEO. Just don't put all your eggs in one basket. Companies change their freelance policies all the time and it can hurt a lot.

It allowed me to work on my novel which i will likely never finish. I am 3/4's of the way done and it sucks. I got bored writing it so I can't imagine how boring it would be to read. So I stopped.

Yup lol. Let's just say "writer's income" and "software consultant" are not even close.
Holy crap that reminds me of my favorite scene in "Animal House":

Teacher: I've been working on my novel for the last seven years.

Student: Wow, it must be pretty good!

Teacher: It's a piece of s--t.

Don't give up, man ... finish that bad boy. Tell you what, I'll be the first one to buy a copy.

(05-31-2013, 01:08 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Holy crap that reminds me of my favorite scene in "Animal House":

Teacher: I've been working on my novel for the last seven years.

Student: Wow, it must be pretty good!

Teacher: It's a piece of s--t.

Don't give up, man ... finish that bad boy. Tell you what, I'll be the first one to buy a copy.
lol... I am going to have that put on my tombstone.

I am actually restructuring the middle of the story in outline form first. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it that I did 6 months ago. I am sort of oddly glad too. I think it was giving me tunnel vision. I think my second run at it will be better but take longer and I am okay with that.

(05-31-2013, 01:25 AM)jstbuch Wrote: lol... I am going to have that put on my tombstone.

I am actually restructuring the middle of the story in outline form first. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it that I did 6 months ago. I am sort of oddly glad too. I think it was giving me tunnel vision. I think my second run at it will be better but take longer and I am okay with that.
I hope to attempt to try to start sketching one out this summer ... sooooo, very far off from a book signing at Barnes & Noble at this point, LOL.

Ya I tried writing a book when I was younger. Still have the 1st 8 chapters typed out maybe I will go back to it at some point. Was about 100 pages in and then just got writers block
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

(05-31-2013, 12:07 PM)rascrush Wrote: Ya I tried writing a book when I was younger. Still have the 1st 8 chapters typed out maybe I will go back to it at some point. Was about 100 pages in and then just got writers block
This is why I outline, outline, outline. I even do it for articles I write, though not nearly as detailed. My outlines tend to be so detailed that anyone could probably write the entire book from it. I get side tracked pretty easily so it helps me stay on task.