`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What to buy: a case, a bunch of various boxes, or a case break?

What to buy: a case, a bunch of various boxes, or a case break?
so, i got the itch to break some "wax". last time i did this, i ended up buying a box of baseball 2011 topps lineage:

www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1525120.html?highlight=lineage

i really like the product. and was thinking of buying a case of it (found one for 570)

then i started looking around...which was a mistake

so, the quandary:

1. do i buy a case of something (looking at cases $800 or less)
2. do a buy a bunch of boxes of various products (i have no idea what, suggestions would be nice)
3. total out there move: buy a box of case breaks

im not collecting, so everything over a dollar goes into my dutch, everything less than a dollar ends up in my lots where 100% goes to charity (only possible exception: if i go with a case of stuff, and end up with complete sets, i might give them as a freebie as a bonus for a customer)

what im looking for, not looking for:
1. i dont have much interest in prospects
2. doesnt have to be a new product! anything 2001 and up is cool
3. i dont have a set budget - i dont have to spend a lot. so if i say i have a budget of say, 800, and only spend 300 - im cool with that

or should i just not spend the money at all :/

RE: What to buy: a case, a bunch of various boxes, or a case break?
tough one bud ..... would be fun to bust a case of 2013 Score, love the new designs Smile but a case of 2009 Score Inscriptions will set you back about $450 and you get about 40 autos and more parallels than you can count Wink

Buy singles u will be much ahppier
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(05-27-2013, 07:41 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Buy singles u will be much ahppier
i buy singles and wholesale lots all the time. i just wanna break some wax

personally, i've never had any luck with the half case or so of lineage that i busted...if you're looking to bust something, i would go with the latest out there. always easier to move than anything else if you don't like it.

(05-27-2013, 07:54 PM)kstjst Wrote: personally, i've never had any luck with the half case or so of lineage that i busted...if you're looking to bust something, i would go with the latest out there. always easier to move than anything else if you don't like it.
i dont really have to wporry about it from that perspective. i dont sell singles, just do my dutch and my charity auctions. i get a percentage of book value, essentially.

i know im going to lose money. the last box i lost about 60% of what i paid

I just bought a case of 2012 prime signatures for $330 (5 box) you could get a 10 box for double. It's an awesome product.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Send me the money and I'll create a case for you. Heck I'll make packs and wrap them in aluminum foil,Smile

GivEn your parameters maybe a bunch of case break tickets would be best.