Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a 1927 Yankees Score Card... I think

Found a 1927 Yankees Score Card... I think
Hey y'all,

I was going through an old box of my grandpa's stuff and i found an old Yankees scorecard. On the front it says official 1927 yankees score card. The names of the players are typed in featuring players like Ruth and Gehrig. The main concern I have with it is that one of the pages talks about boston's schedule in 1932 but the front says 1927. Let me know what you think and what you think it is worth. Would be pretty cool if it was real. For some reason my direct images werent working below are the links.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg154...Yanks1.jpg
http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Cubbieb...sort=3&o=1
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg154...Yanks3.jpg
www.photobucket.com/Cubbieblue29
Always looking for Helton and Cubs
Get Rizzo-D!

RE: Found a 1927 Yankees Score Card... I think
My biggest concern is the coloring and aging looks totally off. I would have to see the paper stock to see if it's even close to right. I just can't imagine something that is 75 years old would hold the color like that. It would age just from exposure to air. My guess is that it's a reprint.

The only things I can think of are 1) it's real 2) it's a reprint
1) if real, that's a pretty cool find!
2) if it's a reprint ... Also a cool find, but probably from one of those "archive" books. I've got a Ruth and a Mantle archive and they are loaded with authentic-looking reproductions of tickets, contracts, scorecards, etc. I'll check to see if that scorecard is in the Ruth archive, but I can't get to the book right now.
Okay, I was able to get to the book
It's from a 8 page replica of an Opening Day program from Yankee Stadium NY vs. Boston and on the last page bottom right, it's clearly marked reproduction
Sorry, but it's still pretty cool, just not pretty old Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I noticed the Lucky Strike ad on the page with Brooklyn's schedule is also copyrighted 1932...

Also I notice the Spaulding&Bros. ad mentions the Dodger 1932 uniforms.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(05-24-2013, 08:35 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: I noticed the Lucky Strike ad on the page with Brooklyn's schedule is also copyrighted 1932...

Also I notice the Spaulding&Bros. ad mentions the Dodger 1932 uniforms.
I guess they had to piece together a facsimile program due to scarcity or copyright reprinting problems? Who knows, but it's pretty cool anyway.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.