`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you ever do something sooooo stupid?

Did you ever do something sooooo stupid?
I picked up my box of a near complete master set of 2013 Heritage, forgetting that it is one of those covered boxes (removable lid, not a flip top ) and it dumped all over the place. It was low to the ground, on carpet, and about 1/3 stayed in order, so there wasn't any apparent damage, but I felt really stupid !...... and it's taking me a long, long time to get things back in order! Sometimes I just gotta shake my head !
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Did you ever do something sooooo stupid?
Lesson learned?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

This would be a /facepalm moment. Smile
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

(05-24-2013, 04:07 AM)elberson Wrote: Lesson learned?
1) Don't collect cards?
2) Don't build sets?
3) Don't be stupid!
4) all of the above?
(05-24-2013, 06:19 AM)muz0 Wrote: This would be a /facepalm moment. Smile
True...
And My forehead was smacked repeatedly !

If there was any good that came of this blunder, I found out that I was missing a card from the set that I thought I already had ... or that card got lost or vaporized when the box hit the floor Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

If you do something like this . . . you don't tell anybody.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

You're either lying or haven't been in this hobby long enough if this has never happened to you. My LCS owner sits at a desk in his shop on one of those roller chairs. The worst is when he drops a card (or a few), moves back to pick it up and runs over the card with the rollers... *fail*

I love it when I grab a small stack of cards in soft sleeves and they go flying out of my hand like I am playing 52 card pick up.
Collecting Rickey Henderson, Yeonis Cespedes rookie cards, Rookie cards, Roberto Clemente, Vintage and various other cards and sets..[Image: 142681340_crop_650x440-1.jpg]

(05-24-2013, 12:27 PM)mpc2876 Wrote: I love it when I grab a small stack of cards in soft sleeves and they go flying out of my hand like I am playing 52 card pick up.
Has happened a few times, all I do is say "S^^t" and pick them up!
[Image: yankeebanner.jpg]

(05-24-2013, 11:25 AM)zeprock Wrote: If you do something like this . . . you don't tell anybody.
I'm not that proud that I can't laugh at my stupidity Smile ... now if I did something really stupid like rolling over my cards with my chair, not sure I'd tell people about that ... besides, this is kind of a warning to avoid those boxes with lids ... they stink!!
(05-24-2013, 12:21 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: You're either lying or haven't been in this hobby long enough if this has never happened to you. My LCS owner sits at a desk in his shop on one of those roller chairs. The worst is when he drops a card (or a few), moves back to pick it up and runs over the card with the rollers... *fail*
oops, case in point Smile
Guess I'm usually more careful than your LCS guy and I haven't been doing this for that long either.
(05-24-2013, 12:27 PM)mpc2876 Wrote: I love it when I grab a small stack of cards in soft sleeves and they go flying out of my hand like I am playing 52 card pick up.
That happens to me about once a week, but I don't think it's stupid... it's usually just careless and it's usually a small stack ... what I can't stand is what I call the "antigravity cling and drop". I'll lift up a small stack of cards and some mini or die cut lifts up with the stack, magically and momentarily attached to the bottom card of the stack, but once it realizes that it's defying gravity it gets scared and falls to the ground .... usually landing right on a corner .... ouch!!! I hate when that happens.
Not so much stupid, a little careless, but mostly unlucky. Sad

All right, since you shared, I'll share my card-related blunder of the week.

I work about two blocks from the post office, so when I need to mail trades out I just bring them with me and then walk to the PO on my break.

However, the other day, I had to mail a large, awkward package, so I decided to drive.

I left the PO, walked over to Subway, grabbed an iced tea, then walked back to work.

About an hour later I left work or the day, and couldn't find my car.

Then it dawned on me ... I never drove it back from the post office!

I had parked in the 24-minute parking in front of the PO, so I frantically dashed back to the PO, only to find my car untouched with no parking ticket.

Got lucky there.