`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I accept????

Should I accept????
Panini is offering me 2 game used memorabilia cards # to 25 of Yogi Berra in place of an auto of Robinson Cano because they don't believe he will sign the card (Limited Silver Sluggers card). Do ya'll think I should accept this offer?
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

RE: Should I accept????
No, the Limited Silver Sluggers also has the silver nameplate in it, that's a sweet card. Yogi game used are pretty easy to come by. I think you should ask for an auto of higher value in exchange, it's their fault they can't deliver on the card, so they need to make it up to you.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I'd hold out for the Cano auto, or something worth more value. You can get Yogi Berra GU cards for fairly reasonable prices.
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics

(05-23-2013, 04:47 PM)roger rabbit Wrote: No, the Limited Silver Sluggers also has the silver nameplate in it, that's a sweet card. Yogi game used are pretty easy to come by. I think you should ask for an auto of higher value in exchange, it's their fault they can't deliver on the card, so they need to make it up to you.
The guy I am dealing with seems like a jerk and all he has to offer is GU stuff. I would much rather have the auto and even though I collect Yogi Berra I am sure I would run across the 2 that he is offering to me on eBay or here in the market place at a much cheaper price combined than the value of the Cano card. He actually said that they don't believe they will get him to sign the card. Then why have it as a redemption then if you can't get the player to sign???
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Ask for another auto, if he insists you go for some GU dont accept, they want you to take the easy route
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

if they dont believe he wont sign. thats a loaded statment right there and a lawsuit waiting to happen.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(05-23-2013, 06:21 PM)phreakyq Wrote: if they dont believe he wont sign. thats a loaded statment right there and a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Tell me about it. I was also thinking about the Better Buisness Bureau route but I don't think that will help any.

DO NOT ACCEPT. They are bound to give you the card they stated or at LEAST one of equal value. Keep pushing and you will win. Ask to work with someone higher up. The harder you push, the better the prize will be. You have nothing to lose.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Agreed with every comment! That guy's trying to swindle you. Do not accept! Tell him you must speak with a supervisor and let him know that you demand an auto commensurate with a Cano auto. Also tell him that a few thousand, avid collectors are on this Forum and we are eagerly waiting to see the outcome of this enormous screwup of theirs, and their company's "good name" is on the line.
Not sure who you collect, but right now,the only current players that compare to Cano would be Miguel Cabrera or Ryan Braun. (IMO) But I'd push for a Bryce Harper or Mike Trout card. When negotiating, always start high and you can seem reasonable when you settle for what it's worth, but they should make this whole debacle go away and upgrade you to a higher $ auto, just to make up for all the trouble and time they've cost you.
See, they are all the same ... Everyone trashes Topps, but here's Panini doing it just as badly!
PS: Better Business Bureau wouldn't do anything ... The Beckett Baseball Forum Business Bureau, in this case, will have more "teeth" Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-24-2013, 03:02 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Agreed with every comment! That guy's trying to swindle you. Do not accept! Tell him you must speak with a supervisor and let him know that you demand an auto commensurate with a Cano auto. Also tell him that a few thousand, avid collectors are on this Forum and we are eagerly waiting to see the outcome of this enormous screwup of theirs, and their company's "good name" is on the line.
Not sure who you collect, but right now,the only current players that compare to Cano would be Miguel Cabrera or Ryan Braun. (IMO) But I'd push for a Bryce Harper or Mike Trout card. When negotiating, always start high and you can seem reasonable when you settle for what it's worth, but they should make this whole debacle go away and upgrade you to a higher $ auto, just to make up for all the trouble and time they've cost you.
See, they are all the same ... Everyone trashes Topps, but here's Panini doing it just as badly!
PS: Better Business Bureau wouldn't do anything ... The Beckett Baseball Forum Business Bureau, in this case, will have more "teeth" Smile
LOL!!! I know the BBB isn't worth a damn but sometimes people back off when you use something that might add weight (even though BBB won't but who knows). I asked for a Joe DiMaggio Legends Book which he shot down. I told him I'd get back with him (have a head cold right now so I feel like garbage). According to the website they have less than 3 months to give me a card cause they can wait up to 8 months to ship my card or another one that is comparable which sucks