`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building First Set - Need Insight

RE: Building First Set - Need Insight
I always thought that if I had the money I would love to make a bowman master set (440 cards) + basic insert sets with ALL of the Base Autos. Forget the numbered cards and parallels that just gets too overwhelming and near impossible.

So I've updated my Org with all of my needs, as well as the dupes I have for trade. I'm basically collecting all cards except for autos and any insert with a print run of under 250. Ambitious, I know, but I usually shoot for the moon on any first-time experience. Thanks!
2012 Allen & Ginter Mini Auto Set: 96/123 (78% Complete)
2012 A&G Framed Relic Set: Just need Gehrig, Clemente, and Aaron
2012 A&G Master, Mini Set Builder

That is very ambitious indeed. Good luck!!!

I put together a blue prospect (/150) set including autos in 2007 and it was challenging... and expensive. I had a much different salary then than I have now and the bigger items really hurt and now my set isn't worth half of what I put into it but I felt pretty accomplished.

If I could give you some advice, since this is your first set, stick to the base set first. If you find you like it, then move on to the refractors. This is going to take you years and years to finish and, in a few years, some of the lower end refractors will be harder to come by because they won't be worth much so people don't put them on Ebay as much.

Again, good luck! There will be times when you will be pounding your head against your desk!