`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Collecting dilemma

Collecting dilemma
SO I am attempting to go through my auto collection and do some down sizing.This does not include my Redskins PC.

My goal is to keep 1 NFL uni auto and 1 College auto of the folks I have.

The problem I have is that I also collect multi color cards as well so should I include the multi color auto as an NFL uni auto or keep thoase as a different collection?

My OCD tells me to keep it apart but logic tells me an auto is an auto and with over 3400 total autos it is tough.

What would you do??
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

RE: Collecting dilemma
it depends on how into you are as far as each collection IMO. If you're into multi's and want to keep it separate do it. If you're down-sizing and the multi is ehh, then keep the better of the auto and trade the other for something that more fits your need(s)
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I don't understand the desire to downsize. Smile
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(05-21-2013, 07:00 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: I don't understand the desire to downsize. Smile
Between the auto-press pass-TE and multi color collection I have 4 3 row boxes..... and just need to add and keep a direction that helps feed all my PCs and my wife happy...lol
(05-21-2013, 06:50 PM)ft28jags Wrote: it depends on how into you are as far as each collection IMO. If you're into multi's and want to keep it separate do it. If you're down-sizing and the multi is ehh, then keep the better of the auto and trade the other for something that more fits your need(s)
Think I will keep the multi colors aside till the end and see where I am sitting and like you said, keep the better of the 2.

(05-21-2013, 07:06 PM)mik253 Wrote: Between the auto-press pass-TE and multi color collection I have 4 3 row boxes..... and just need to add and keep a direction that helps feed all my PCs and my wife happy...lol

Think I will keep the multi colors aside till the end and see where I am sitting and like you said, keep the better of the 2.
well after talking to you the other night on the phone here is my opinion my friend..
my OCD tells me i keep the best auto (patch or no patch)..HOFers on down..
i keep the best patch card (auto or no auto)..HOFers on down
dump the rest
next
keep the best of the best P.P. stuff...reds.../10 sheet like that...dump the doubles and ho hummers
Keep your Favorite TE's PC Cards..(lose the losers..like the Packers,Dallas and Giants........they Suck
Smile
and you know i love patches but i have been Dumping the yawners and doubles and triples myself...it aint that hard after you do it once or twice..lol
Wink
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I think you are causing yourself avoidable stress by thinking about all these different categories.

My suggestion is to concentrate on the final number. Maybe try to cut from 3400 to 2000?
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

nothing wrong with gradual reduction..no need to kick yourself later if you get rid of something you know you shouldn't or wish you didn't
(05-21-2013, 07:06 PM)mik253 Wrote: Think I will keep the multi colors aside till the end and see where I am sitting and like you said, keep the better of the 2.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(05-21-2013, 07:55 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: I think you are causing yourself avoidable stress by thinking about all these different categories.

My suggestion is to concentrate on the final number. Maybe try to cut from 3400 to 2000?
I see your point. I am not trying to come to a final number more or less just trying to reduce the 3 and 4 autos of the same player.
Just finished with 2012-2011 and 2010 and have 88 autos that can go bye bye..

Sorry to see you slimming down, but I completely understand. This hobby takes a lot of space, time, and cash...so do wives. Tongue

You have to stay above 3400 autos though or you'll ruin the 34 magic...that's my advice. LOL Wink
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Amy raiders.....Smile
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++