`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
No one likes Press Pass

RE: No one likes Press Pass
Press Pass was my favorite brand until they lost the collegiate license. I have no desire to collect cards of a player that picture him from the shoulders up with no helmet on.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

I have no interest in it. Without NCAA logos i no longer buy. Same goes for Sage and Leaf. But yes, low end stuff like that without licensing no matter the player is a tough sell.

Leaf is okay with me because they only remove the Nike logo and BIG patch from the PSU uniforms as opposed to no helmet on or an airbrushed helmet like Sage and PP. Penn State is probably one of the few schools that Leaf doesnt have to drastically alter the photo for.

I can understand someone not liking the base due to the lack of collegiate licensing, but the autos are on card, the autograph on that card means a lot more than the sticker auto on another card. It's still a card of the player and it's still their auto. what's the big deal?
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

I like press pass and sage still. I agree it was better when they had college logos but still collect them. With only UD able to use logos now it makes collecting sooners uni autos a little hard without the small compromise of airbrushed unis
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

(05-22-2013, 05:49 PM)foleylion08 Wrote: I can understand someone not liking the base due to the lack of collegiate licensing, but the autos are on card, the autograph on that card means a lot more than the sticker auto on another card. It's still a card of the player and it's still their auto. what's the big deal?
Like I said before, I have no desire to collect a card or auto of a player who's head is the only thing on the card. Im a huge college football fan and those kinds of cards are excluded from my plaque and collection. On card for me is just a bonus. I go after how the card looks first and foremost and Press Pass and especially Sage (the pictures of guys in spandex bike shorts are WAY worse than the headshots in Press Pass) are really lacking in that department with no collegiate license.

UD is now, by default, my favorite set but it REALLY annoys me how they don't use the school logo on the front of their cards.
(05-23-2013, 12:51 AM)mooncricket916 Wrote: I like press pass and sage still. I agree it was better when they had college logos but still collect them. With only UD able to use logos now it makes collecting sooners uni autos a little hard without the small compromise of airbrushed unis
Ive stuck to my guns. I haven't been able to pull the trigger on the airbrushed Penn State stuff.