`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
90's Insert Collectors... in need of some guidance

RE: 90's Insert Collectors... in need of some guidance
I didn't notice anyone saying it - but SP Game Film is a nice, small set.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

That is a cool set! It's now on my back up list. It's starting to look like the Peter Max set may be impossible. Not only cost prohibitive (looking more like $8000 to do it) but it's just too hard to tell the fakes from the real ones.

Anyone else?

the 93/94 SP holoview die-cuts are sweet
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

1998 and 1999 Pacific Omega EO Portraits are kind of cool - they have silhouettes of the player punched into them with tiny holes - same as most driver's licenses now have (usually the state shape). They have a wider range of value too ($5-50 depending).

I personally also like the 1998 Pinnacle Inside Behind the Numbers. I think that was my first Piazza worth more than 20 dollars, lol

Someone else mentioned the Pacific Ornaments - they're pretty neat but definitely Christmasy.

I'll go thru my Piazza PC later and see if any others jump out at me.
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

I am glad to see some of you recommended Select and SP inserts. Those cards are still some of my favorites. Pacific ALWAYS made great inserts, I still don't know how they went under!
I would also recommend 1996 UD Diamond Destiny, a great looking set with foil AND a see-through plastic face photo circle.
Personally, I am getting more into the parallels from that era. 1994 Finest Pre-Production; 1995 Select Certified Mirror Gold; '95 SP Championship Series Classic Performances Die-Cuts (actually a parallel of an insert set); '95 UC3 Artist's Proof. All of those have nice BV's and are great-looking cards that would definitely be an interesting chase.

(05-21-2013, 11:02 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: the 93/94 SP holoview die-cuts are sweet
I've been eye balling this one too. Especially because of the A-rod rc. That might cost me a bit more than I was looking for but if I could find them all PSA 10 that would be amazing and worth the cost.
(05-21-2013, 11:14 PM)tate31nym Wrote: 1998 and 1999 Pacific Omega EO Portraits are kind of cool - they have silhouettes of the player punched into them with tiny holes - same as most driver's licenses now have (usually the state shape). They have a wider range of value too ($5-50 depending).

I personally also like the 1998 Pinnacle Inside Behind the Numbers. I think that was my first Piazza worth more than 20 dollars, lol

Someone else mentioned the Pacific Ornaments - they're pretty neat but definitely Christmasy.

I'll go thru my Piazza PC later and see if any others jump out at me.
Were you the same guy who posted the insanely large almost stalker-ish Piazza collection lol. Kidding of course. But I was scoping your thread last night and saw some cool inserts I liked.

I really like the Pacific Ornaments and may pick up a few of those for fun but the set isn't all that valuable. Awesome idea though.
(05-22-2013, 02:27 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: I am glad to see some of you recommended Select and SP inserts. Those cards are still some of my favorites. Pacific ALWAYS made great inserts, I still don't know how they went under!
I would also recommend 1996 UD Diamond Destiny, a great looking set with foil AND a see-through plastic face photo circle.
Personally, I am getting more into the parallels from that era. 1994 Finest Pre-Production; 1995 Select Certified Mirror Gold; '95 SP Championship Series Classic Performances Die-Cuts (actually a parallel of an insert set); '95 UC3 Artist's Proof. All of those have nice BV's and are great-looking cards that would definitely be an interesting chase.
Some cool sets in there for sure!!! Man I am overwhelmed lol

Here are my top 5... and a sample from each.

1. 1993 Finest Refractors
 photo 05212012241.jpg
2. 1997 Showcase Legacy Row 0
 photo 05212012051-1.jpg
3. 1998 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems
 photo 05212012021.jpg
4. 1997 EX2000 Essential Credentials
Ken Griffey, Jr_97_Credentials_PSA 8.5 photo 05212012038.jpg
5. 1999 Skybox Star Rubies
 photo 05212012050-1.jpg

(05-22-2013, 10:34 AM)jstbuch Wrote: Were you the same guy who posted the insanely large almost stalker-ish Piazza collection lol. Kidding of course. But I was scoping your thread last night and saw some cool inserts I liked.
[Image: funny-love-stalker-quote.jpg]

Wink

I have a few of the 93 Finest Refractors but the entire set would be insane for me to go after. I am just hoping to grab the Hershiser sometime in the next year. I'll have to check out a few of the other ones you posted. Some cool stuff!!!

That's cool your going after the Peter Max signed cards. I have the Bonds, and it's a really sweet card. Your also right about looking for counterfeits in that set. The e-bay seller specifically said the gloss was over the signature. I also got real lucky by getting Bonds jersey number. It doesn't seem like this set will cost to much, A Jeter that sold a couple months ago I thought would sell for more. Good luck with your search.
[Image: 2011-01-29_17-48-29_615.jpg]

Don't trade with list:dorkypunkrockerguy,newbieredsfan