`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INSANE flea market find w/ scans: UPDATE page 2!

INSANE flea market find w/ scans: UPDATE page 2!
Hit a flea market yesterday w/ the wifey for a little while. We all dream about those crazy flea market finds but I'd long since stopped believing I would actually find one.

Came across a guy with a couple binders of 90s cards (my weakness!) He had taken out all the big players (MJ, Kobe, Garnett, etc.) and probably sold them separately at flea markets or on eBay or something like that, but the rest he had alphabetized and priced out by the letter.

I went straight to the Rs hoping for some Richmonds. There was a David Robinson refractor and a couple Richmonds I wasn't sure if I needed or not (turns out one was a card i literally JUST got in the mail from a trade earlier this week haha). I also saw what I figured would be the gem of the lot: 97-98 SPx gold Dennis Rodman. He wanted $5 for the Rs so knowing that the Rodman booked several times that much alone, I picked them up.

[Image: rodmangrandfinalefront001_zps6c0c3898.jpg]

Fast forward to about an hour ago. I was sorting and seeing what all I had. As I pulled the cards out (oh, did I mention the cards were two to a slot? They were doubled in the binder) I got a look at the back of the "gold" Rodman...

Wait for it....

Keep waiting (folk and megatron are so angry right now!)....

[Image: rodmangrandfinaleback001_zps5d8e7524.jpg]

BOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the grand finale version /50!!!! Some edging on the right of the backside, but seriously, who gives a (insert expletive here)! This card books more than double the most expensive card in my collection...I was absolutely floored. I pulled a Magic Johnson/Jerry West/James Worthy triple auto /3 once, the feeling was almost identical.

This will definitely be headed to the 'bay unless one of the Rodman collectors on here makes a huge offer as these tend to sell above high bv. I would like to keep it in the beckett community if possible so maybe someone can make that happen...and maybe I can use the $ to FINALLY get an MJ auto!

Thanks for looking everyone!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: INSANE flea market find w/ scans!!!
Holy **** man! That is an amazing piece to stumble onto..... I can't believe the guy had no idea what he had in that binder.... you definitely hit a lick on that one.... CONGRATS! Good luck with your sale!
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

I just crapped myself. Couldnt have happened to better guy!!!! Nice find Smile
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Dude.

Nice find man!!
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

Congrats Buck! Stories like this make the hobby fun because A) you can find the diamond in the rough and B) we regularly get to relive our childhood. I hope you are able to find the right buyer for it.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

WOW..Congrats!!

That is an awesome find!
[Image: arod.gif]

Cool card! Even cooler story!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

Dang Smile
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United

Congrats. That Rodman is sick.