`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why don't people respond to trade offers?

why don't people respond to trade offers?
I don't get it! Anytime i get a trade offer i'm excited to see what people want from me and I almost immediately try to find something to take in return or if i can't then i'll cancel the trade. I currently have about 40 outstanding offers to members that have all logged in within the past 5 days or so and nothing. A few people have added cards from my side but not send me a counter offer and I find that to be even more annoying. What's the deal people?
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

RE: why don't people respond to trade offers?
Well, since you just cancelled one for me, I'm obviously one of those people you're talking about. While I can't speak for everyone, I can say, for me - 1. My org is so out of date, it's not worth managing. 2. I have too many things to put into org, it would take more time than I'm willing to spend. 3. I'm in sell-mode, so not really too interested in trading. 4. No one has anything I'm interested in. 5. So, I don't really pay any attention to trade offers, although I do try to cancel them when I see them
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

(05-18-2013, 09:14 PM)phildo37 Wrote: Well, since you just cancelled one for me, I'm obviously one of those people you're talking about. While I can't speak for everyone, I can say, for me - 1. My org is so out of date, it's not worth managing. 2. I have too many things to put into org, it would take more time than I'm willing to spend. 3. I'm in sell-mode, so not really too interested in trading. 4. No one has anything I'm interested in. 5. So, I don't really pay any attention to trade offers, although I do try to cancel them when I see them
I understand that people aren't interested in trading for any or all of the above reason but it's really not that hard to just cancel the offers that come in. It takes 2 seconds and in my opinion (take it for what it's worth) is a simple common courtesy that would be appreciated.
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc

yeah, I wish there was an option to let people know they had a trade offer. I dont care if people dont want to trade, but its frustrating when they've got 100+ trades, many gone out since the offer, and they've got the cards you need but do not response to anything and it says they've logged in.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(05-18-2013, 09:18 PM)chemainus Wrote: I understand that people aren't interested in trading for any or all of the above reason but it's really not that hard to just cancel the offers that come in. It takes 2 seconds and in my opinion (take it for what it's worth) is a simple common courtesy that would be appreciated.
Like I said, I try to cancel them when I see them.

Despite logging on frequently, I rarely go to the trade section. I understand if you're itching to trade, it's frustrating if others don't. It can be hard to cancel trades if you don't know they're there. It wasn't intentional, and I'm sorry if you took offense to it. Good luck with the trading!
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

Only speaking for me -
I have a small amount of time that is available to spend on Beckett.
I work on trades in the order received - if yours is the third one I might not get to it for a day or two.
I try to add cards to my ORG as I get them and also try to make sure that the cards someone wants are still in my possession before I respond.
I may have logged in to mark a trade sent, or received.
I just started using the ORG for my personal collection and have had some challenges with it, so while I may be logged on 4 days in a row I may not be even looking at trades.
I start by sorting through your list and see if there is anything I like and start adding cards. I will send when I am ready, there may be any number of reasons I add cards and don't send - maybe I can't find enough cards from you, maybe I found too many cards from you and have to narrow it down, maybe I can't remember if I need the cards you have, maybe a card you want is tied up in another trade (again I work in the order received, not by who has the "best offer"), maybe I got interrupted when I was adding cards and had to log off.

I understand your frustration, especially when you can see that someone has logged in and has not replied. I usually give them 2 weeks - if no reply I cancel the trade.

Again, this is an explanation on why I might act in this manner. I try to keep people updated with messages within the trade, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Thanks,
Nathan

I get e-mail alerts on my phone, with all the travel I'm doing at work I try to respond as quickly as possible but its not always so easy. But a couple of days is alright with me, if I send an offer and don't get a response after a week I cancel, and look else where. If guys aren't interested in trading mark your collection as private, or put a zero in the for trade column.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(05-18-2013, 09:45 PM)phildo37 Wrote: Like I said, I try to cancel them when I see them.

Despite logging on frequently, I rarely go to the trade section. I understand if you're itching to trade, it's frustrating if others don't. It can be hard to cancel trades if you don't know they're there. It wasn't intentional, and I'm sorry if you took offense to it. Good luck with the trading!
My rant had nothing to do with you specifically. I guess it just gets frustrating when cards are marked for trade and people don't want to trade. Obviously life takes over and people have other priorities. Ultimately I just want to trade and it sucks when people have cards I want and I get nothing as much as a 'no thanks'.

I get an email notification on my phone every time someone sends me a trade offer or a comment on a trade or a PM so it's easy for me to know when to check it.
(05-18-2013, 09:56 PM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: I get e-mail alerts on my phone, with all the travel I'm doing at work I try to respond as quickly as possible but its not always so easy. But a couple of days is alright with me, if I send an offer and don't get a response after a week I cancel, and look else where. If guys aren't interested in trading mark your collection as private, or put a zero in the for trade column.
Agreed. If you don't want to trade then don't mark items for trade. The trades i cancelled today were about 3 or 4 weeks old. I usually just let them sit there in hopes someone will respond but it rarely happens if it has sat for more than a week and eventually the 'active trades' list needs to be cleaned up.

I don't always get notifications... they're spotty how they come, and if they don't get caught up in my junk folder. For instance, I got notification of your trade cancellation, but not your trade offer

I don't check my email and often forget to check my trades page, so I'm totally guilty of this and have been on your end as well. At the end of the day, I guess, we're people, not businesses. I know it's not a good excuse or anything it is what it is.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com