`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on Leaf Metal?

Opinions on Leaf Metal?
I had never heard of these, and still haven't seen them anywhere but ebay.... I figured DAC or Blowout would have them but I couldn't find them..... The Checklist looked a little better than some other leaf products and I noticed they have Kemp autos as well as D. Robinson, Bird, Rodman, Magic, Patrick Ewing and many others. But this leaf product is kind of copying Panini, as it has different colored Prizms/Refractors. I haven't seen anything on this product other than the stuff listed on ebay. Any info or opinions would be appreciated!

Here are some pics

[Image: T2eC16FHJGIFFoqlSdhwBRlT3KfBM60_57_zpseb11d3dc.jpg]

[Image: T2eC16VzQE9s3ssVw7BRlURmm02Q60_57_zps755b11cf.jpg]

GREEN REFRACTOR

[Image: T2eC16ZHJIYE9qUcOuhCBRlUOwDUHg60_57_zps339d4f28.jpg]

BLUE REFRACTOR

[Image: KGrHqJrYFE370QwzBRlZegdQ60_57_zpsad07b5ae.jpg]

REGULAR REFRACTOR

[Image: KGrHqJlFFyf5vyM4BRlYZ4rg6w60_3_zps1eaf61e9.jpg]
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

RE: Opinions on Leaf Metal?
Copying Panini who copied Topps Chrome...

Yeah that is very true, I was out of collecting from 2000-2010, so I'm unfamiliar with a lot of the products from that time. When I came back it was pretty much panini dominated. But I liked the leaf ultimate product this year, and was some what surprised to see they went from their usual parallels to this refractorish type card. I am glad there are still refractor type cards seeing as how Topps doesn't make them anymore, but I am referring to the Prizm and Select, not sure about these leaf metal cards as I don't own any yet......

Those kind of look like knock-off refractors without the logos on the uniforms.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(05-17-2013, 01:01 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Those kind of look like knock-off refractors without the logos on the uniforms.
That is my biggest problem with the Leaf cards.... although I am still not sure which I dislike more, all College unis or NBA unis without the any of the logos. Either way though I like to get non Panini products from time to time, plus Leaf and Upper Deck have autos of players that panini can't offer.

Somehow Leaf can get Rubio to hard sign the cards, which I think that Panini didn't.
Somehow Leaf can get one of the ultra-toughest signers to sign cards, which Panini never did so far.

Anyway, knockoff or not, I might pick up one or two singles if the price is right.
- certified autograph card sets builder (basketball only and mostly from 90's)
- also collect legends and stars on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes (mostly basketball)

Thats how I feel about it, and the fact that they don't use sticker autos is a big plus IMO.

I don't think Leaf is a bad product. I do think that a lot of their designs have become too common. One thing I do like about Leaf is that they attempt to produce basketball products at a time when it is needed the most. I agree that it's good that they can get autos from some of the harder to get players.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Another plus for the leaf products, their redemptions are for big cards. I dread hitting redemptions in Panini but I would love to hit one in leaf.