`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your input on this Michael Jordan RC

Need your input on this Michael Jordan RC
Hi all! I finally sold my Jordan BMOC last week and this came across my lap. I tried to research the post in this forum to get some guidance to see if its legit,reprint or fake/altered. but i still need you guys keen eyes on the condition and grade of this card. let me know what you think. and thanks for the input/s! by the way seller is letting it go for $600.

http://s261.photobucket.com/user/m1gel/m...sort=3&o=0

http://s261.photobucket.com/user/m1gel/m...sort=3&o=1
http://s261.photobucket.com/user/m1gel/m...sort=3&o=2

RE: Need your input on this Michael Jordan RC
Looks authentic to me, there may be a dinged bottom right corner, but I cant tell because the pic is a little grainy. If I was to grade it BGS-style it would be a strong 8.5 and maybe a 9.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(05-17-2013, 01:06 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Looks authentic to me, there may be a dinged bottom right corner, but I cant tell because the pic is a little grainy. If I was to grade it BGS-style it would be a strong 8.5 and maybe a 9.
thanks for the response jchavestx! yes, i arranged with the owner to see it personally and see the condition it is in. im leery that if its worth 600.00, or might fetch lower than 8 in BGS. I might take a gamble here and snatch it an have it slabbed. thanks again!

Its probably priced at $600 because it is a grade a 7. And look at the border close because they are recolored some times.

(05-17-2013, 03:18 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Its probably priced at $600 because it is a grade a 7. And look at the border close because they are recolored some times.
how to tell if its recolored/altered? i will meet the seller in an hour and will check the card 1st before buying. my biggest concern too is the surface, kinda tough to see on a scanned piece. the corners does make me wonder if its worth it or not.

Don't risk buying this card ungraded.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

(05-17-2013, 03:46 PM)evanturner12 Wrote: Don't risk buying this card ungraded.
for that price you might be right. i'm thinking of just taking the high road and walk away, like i stated before i stopped collecting and selling all my cards. i think its the same thing as gambling quit while you're ahead. i'll check the card 1st and see from there.

Personally I would go with a graded MJ rc. That way you know for sure it is legit. My MJ RC was given to me as a present ungraded. I sent it in and luckily it was legit. It did come back though a BGS 7 because of centering so it is possible to find a legit ungraded RC. But for $600 that seems like a high risk. Save a couple hundred more and you could have a graded copy that is guaranteed.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(05-17-2013, 03:53 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Personally I would go with a graded MJ rc. That way you know for sure it is legit. My MJ RC was given to me as a present ungraded. I sent it in and luckily it was legit. It did come back though a BGS 7 because of centering so it is possible to find a legit ungraded RC. But for $600 that seems like a high risk. Save a couple hundred more and you could have a graded copy that is guaranteed.
thanks for input nick! i value you guys input specially the solid MJ collectors. i ask my 13yr old son an honest question before i decided if he's going to continue my collection and he said no. so back to selling now. Smile

(05-17-2013, 03:57 PM)abibaoco Wrote: thanks for input nick! i value you guys input specially the solid MJ collectors. i ask my 13yr old son an honest question before i decided if he's going to continue my collection and he said no. so back to selling now. Smile
No problem. It is a gamble though. At 600, even if it comes back a BGS 7 you would get your money back or pretty close to that. If it came back higher than a BGS 7, then you might make some money. For example recently in the month of May a BGS 6.5 sold for $525, a BGS 7 sold for $575, and a BGS 7.5 sold for $660. But you also risk it being altered or a lower grade. So ideally if the card looks to be a 7.5 or higher, then it might be worth it.

[Image: Nick.jpg]