`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
odd question/request

odd question/request
Does anyone know the best place, seller, etc to buy a decent number of the decoy/blank insert stiff 'cards' (not sure what the proper name for them are). Basically, I have found they protect cards (graded or ungraded) extremely well when shipping, so I'm looking to pick up more of them.

They saved a buyer of mine (and me) a headache when I shipped a BVG 7 1980 Reading Phillies Ryne Sandberg graded card I had sandwiched with these stiff decoy/insert cards (and wrapped in bubble wrap) when the box it was in was crushed during transit, but the card/case was unscathed.

Thanks!

RE: odd question/request
My LCS has a bunch laying around and the owner gives me some when I need them so you may be able to just ask yours if you have one nearby. But what I found to work a little better is just cutting up some cardboard boxes. The blanks are the size of cards but I cut the cardboard the size of a toploader instead. I use thicker/heavier gauge cardboard, not cereal boxes.

Also I can't take credit for the idea as another member had actually packaged their stuff that way when they sent a trade to me and I thought it was a good idea. Prior to that I was using the blanks like you are asking about. I don't remember which member I saw it from first though so I can't give them proper credit.

If you're set on using the blanks instead of cutting cardboard, I have most of an 800 ct box full of them that I have no use for now - I'm sure we can work something out Smile

(05-12-2013, 09:19 PM)kareemowheat Wrote: Does anyone know the best place, seller, etc to buy a decent number of the decoy/blank insert stiff 'cards' (not sure what the proper name for them are). Basically, I have found they protect cards (graded or ungraded) extremely well when shipping, so I'm looking to pick up more of them.

They saved a buyer of mine (and me) a headache when I shipped a BVG 7 1980 Reading Phillies Ryne Sandberg graded card I had sandwiched with these stiff decoy/insert cards (and wrapped in bubble wrap) when the box it was in was crushed during transit, but the card/case was unscathed.

Thanks!
Try your local print shop. They can cut you some multi-ply paper board the the size you desire,

Ray

I just go up to the post office and grab some of those free large flat rate boxes....then just cut them into card sized rectangles and use those for the same purpose. Just as good and free.