`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 bowman HTA question....

2013 bowman HTA question....
bought a jumbo box today at the LCS nothing fancy the three autos were all base ( Arcia , Shelby Miller , Wyatt Mathisen) but two of them are atleast in the bigs and Shelby Miller will get me a couple of $ back on the box.

But my question is, I didnt get a single refractor outside of the mini prospect refractors, is this odd? this is my total tally

7 mini ref.s
2 bowman 100's
1 bowman 100 die cut /99 ref.
2 blue reprint RC
4 silver ice (one of them the foil isnt even bonded to the card and another has the top two corners horribly dented out of the pack! X((((
2 blue border paper
2 orange border paper
12 gold border paper

but that seems a bit light for a jumbo box doesnt it? are they cutting back on base refractors? (i know autos still have all the colors) but outside the one diecut bowman 100 everything else seemed to be regular hobby pack hits.

sucks my first 2013 box went so bad Sad then again maybe this will help me stay away until after i get my inception cases Sad

just wanted to know if this is about the same as yall have experienced with jumbo boxes?
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

RE: 2013 bowman HTA question....
That's pretty similar to my experience. I did not get the Top 100 die-cut, but I had an additional blue mini. I had one refractor, and one of my autographs was a Bowman Black Collection autograph of Arcia.

^-- that sounds like alot better of a box then mine hahah Smile

Well, yeah, the one card is, but everything else was similar in quantity. I noticed the lack of refractors, too. Maybe they're counting all those mini refractors now?

i got 1 reg refractor out of my HTA. last year i only pulled a couple refractors out of Bowman, but towns from Bowman Chrome and Draft.

oh, and feel free to trade me the Miller Big Grin
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

My jumbo was pretty disappointing also. I'd be interested in the Miller if its FT or PM me a price.

(05-11-2013, 07:44 PM)dpatera Wrote: Well, yeah, the one card is, but everything else was similar in quantity. I noticed the lack of refractors, too. Maybe they're counting all those mini refractors now?
point taken, and after looking around a few other sites Ive seen some regular sized refractors too, guess we just have bad luck Smile lol

as for the miller auto, probably will be selling unless you have an outrageous ranger auto for trade, I have my eye on a sweet PC item that the miller will pay for most of. Smile

When i bought a case of 2011 Bowman, the 8 boxes yielded 32 refractors including a Freedie Freeman auto. I guess with the addition of several types of cards, the average of 4/box has gone down.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

yeah im thinking they are jut cutting back on refractors which isnt a bad idea,they havent been much more than base cards lately