`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New FB Card Collection

New FB Card Collection
I've been looking for something new to start and I've decided on a vintage set "graded of course"! For some reason my eye is drawn to the 1958 Topps set and since I already have a graded Jim Brown card I figured I would try to get the rest.

I only collect graded cards so it will be somewhat of a challege because I really would like to try for a minumum grade of NM or BVG 7 since I don't do PSA.

I got a great deal on some commons already graded 7 and 7.5 for under $5 each...a common graded 7 books at $25. I'm sending an order in today with a few I picked up raw that look worth grading. This should take some time which is what I wanted.

What are your long term collections?
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

RE: New FB Card Collection
I don't think I will ever finish my long term ultimate goal....

To get 1 auto from every phins player. even if they got cut in training camp Smile .....very long term goal

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Im trying to have every Jason Taylor card serial #'d /25 or higher. Im down to 66 cards left...
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Long term - find a 1948 Bednarik that I can afford and find the remaining pieces of my 2007 Leaf Limited rainbow.

It's been 3 years in the making..... Goal for the Beds was to have a graded copy of every vintage card (pre-1980) card made of him.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(05-10-2013, 08:41 PM)ugameck Wrote: Long term - find a 1948 Bednarik that I can afford and find the remaining pieces of my 2007 Leaf Limited rainbow.

It's been 3 years in the making..... Goal for the Beds was to have a graded copy of every vintage card (pre-1980) card made of him.
Concrete Chuck! just out of curiosity what is it that made you decide to collect him? Other than of course he is a HOFer and one of the most devastating tacklers in the history of football :-)

Good luck
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

My goal is actually baseball-oriented. That being said, my football goal is to get rid of all my football cards, whether through trade, sell or just toss out. I have about 300 or so in my ORG (all inserts, RCs, parallels), about 1,600 more RCs, inserts, parallels from 2010-2012 in a 2-row shoebox, a 2-row shoebox of star base cards (Rodgers, Favre, Barry, you get the picture) and a 2-row shoebox of Cowboys cards, all in top loaders broken down by player and only the stars (no commons).

I have already sold my 10k base cards. I am slowly trying to get rid of all my football and all my basketball, with the exception of Jordan.

So, not to jack the OPs thread. But if anyone is looking, I will be glad to trade any/all my football for baseball or Michael Jordan.

My long term and never ending will be to get 1 of every skins card made aside from 1/1 or printing plates even tho i have some
Photobucket

(05-13-2013, 12:44 PM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: My long term and never ending will be to get 1 of every skins card made aside from 1/1 or printing plates even tho i have some
Wow, so do you collect all cards for players that have been Redskins or only the cards of a player when they were Redskins? For example, John Riggin's RC he was a Jet...do you collect that card or only Riggin's cards while a Skin? Either way that's a huge collection!

Good luck

I like it!! I love this thread so much, I have decided to do one of my own, I am going to go home tonight and see what I have towards my new idea, I am going to start a long term goal of getting an offical beckett listed card of the 80 greatest Redskins** in redskins uniform and when they update every 5 years I will add the next 5 and so on. I'm excited to get started. **Players only

(05-13-2013, 12:44 PM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: My long term and never ending will be to get 1 of every skins card made aside from 1/1 or printing plates even tho i have some
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

(05-13-2013, 11:37 AM)dmasci Wrote: Concrete Chuck! just out of curiosity what is it that made you decide to collect him? Other than of course he is a HOFer and one of the most devastating tacklers in the history of football :-)

Good luck
Pulled a low number patch out of 2007 Limited. Didn't know a ton about him - so I quick check of wiki - and, well, his life story (outside of football) is very similar to my grandparents - down to Ellis Island from Slovakia, and war as a "waist gunner" - my gramps was a "belly gunner".....

It's been an obsession ever since!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]