`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple pickups last week 5/4

Couple pickups last week 5/4
I sold my 2012 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper Blue Refractor Auto and picked these up with a couple hundred still left to spare.

2008 Allen and Ginter Clay Buchholz Rookie Auto
[Image: may6003_zps65391d76.jpg]
2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects Julio Teheran Auto
[Image: may6004_zpsfc668402.jpg]
2012 Bowman Chrome Draft Michael Wacha Auto
[Image: may6005_zps96039d29.jpg]

And last but not least I couldn't sell a Harper and not get one to replace it so I grabbed this
2011 Bowman Prospects Bryce Harper Auto
[Image: may6006_zps6238db12.jpg]
I bid on it not expecting to win it and I am very happy with it. Feedback welcome!!!

RE: Couple pickups last week 5/4
Nice pickups!

(05-06-2013, 11:31 AM)joba the clark Wrote: I bid on it not expecting to win it and I am very happy with it. Feedback welcome!!!

Dont you just HATE when that happens? Wink

That excuse does NOT go over with the significant other though, fair warning, haha Excellent pickups though!!

I sold my 09 Goodwin Lebron a while ago and had the same situation. I bought a Rivera,Bernie and Posada auto and still had a ton of money left. I ended up spending the rest outside the hobby to put a $200 down payment on a cymbal.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

Nice. I keep eying those Harper auto auctions and they just get way to rich for my blood
But that's the only way ill get one , would cost twice the price to buy boxes to break

Thats why I don't say anything to the significant other...LOL. I didn't really get it at that good of a price, I paid $225 for it but as long as he keeps on doing what he is doing then I think it will continue to increase in value. They were selling for around $150 before he started the season on a tear. Plus I would rather have a first year Harper Auto over his RC Auto. I will prob put the rest of the money into some 2013 Bowman Jumbo boxes this week or a nice Jeter Auto.
(05-06-2013, 02:17 PM)toddaray Wrote: Dont you just HATE when that happens? Wink

That excuse does NOT go over with the significant other though, fair warning, haha Excellent pickups though!!

I sold my 09 Goodwin Lebron a while ago and had the same situation. I bought a Rivera,Bernie and Posada auto and still had a ton of money left. I ended up spending the rest outside the hobby to put a $200 down payment on a cymbal.

Very nice!

I think if that Bowman Harper grades well, $225 would be money well spent.

What kind of profit did you make on the Blue auto you sold? Did you pull it?
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

nice on the Harper!!! i as well have that card auto and got it graded. its my get out of jail free card!! lol

I know it's hard to buy 1 card for that much money but when you sit and think about the money you sink into buying packs and boxes trying to get a specific card it really just makes more sense to just pick the card up. Its gonna cost $100 for a box of 2011 Bowman and you prob won't get a Harper. I figure for what I paid for the Harper I could have gotten prob 2 boxes of 2011 Bowman or Bowman Chrome and I prob would not have been happy with the autos I would have gotten. I think it just makes more sense to suck it up and open your wallet and buy what you want instead of trying the box route. Boxes breaks for me are always a bonus.
(05-06-2013, 02:35 PM)rentzington Wrote: Nice. I keep eying those Harper auto auctions and they just get way to rich for my blood
But that's the only way ill get one , would cost twice the price to buy boxes to break

Oh I agree if I'm spending the money I want a 2011 bowman auto

I bought 4 boxes of 2011 bowman a month ago and was very disappointed in the hits
For the price that cost I could have gotten a Harper and profar auto on eBay

Nice Harper
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]