`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 bowman rack packs at walmart ---thanks pack searchers

2012 bowman rack packs at walmart ---thanks pack searchers
i was at walmart tonight and they had 6 2012 bowman 3 pack rack packs for 5.48 a piece on sale. I thought good price to finish my set and maybe get half the purple set complete. Upon opening the packs, the purple refractor pack of 3 was with regular bowman cards. And the actual bowman packs, loaded with 1992 left and 89 topps, donruss and 90 fleer. thankfully whoever took the time to do this was awesome enough to leave me a 1985 topps keith hernandez which i am pretty jacked about. I will never buy another retail pack again, i really didnt think this stuffed happened. Lesson learned but just a heads up to collectors out there, if u see the bowman 3 pack rack packs on sale, be careful looking back on it how well this was packaged im wondering if the vendor company did this. Should i call topps or just let it go?
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

RE: 2012 bowman rack packs at walmart ---thanks pack searchers
(05-04-2013, 11:24 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: i was at walmart tonight and they had 6 2012 bowman 3 pack rack packs for 5.48 a piece on sale. I thought good price to finish my set and maybe get half the purple set complete. Upon opening the packs, the purple refractor pack of 3 was with regular bowman cards. And the actual bowman packs, loaded with 1992 left and 89 topps, donruss and 90 fleer. thankfully whoever took the time to do this was awesome enough to leave me a 1985 topps keith hernandez which i am pretty jacked about. I will never buy another retail pack again, i really didnt think this stuffed happened. Lesson learned but just a heads up to collectors out there, if u see the bowman 3 pack rack packs on sale, be careful looking back on it how well this was packaged im wondering if the vendor company did this. Should i call topps or just let it go?
All 6 rack packs were like that?
If so, I'd go back to Walmart bitching and complaining and raising a stink!
Topps wouldn't do a thing about it. It had to have been the vendor or a customer.
That really sucks.
Actually, the last box I bought of The Best of 2012 felt realy light. So I opened it in front of an assistant manager. After reading about all the sabotaged retail packages, I wanted to make sure everything was good and have back up, if so. The box was fine, although I got nothing good from it Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Oh man, that sucks! I bought some of those same packs but mine were good. If you need help on the set let me know, have a bunch I have not loaded in my org yet. Thanks - Dale
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

that stinks! so far i havent had this happen, though i did buy some clearance rack packs of a&g and one of them all the cards were creased straight down the middle from someone looking for thick inserts.

Look, I honestly dont give two $&#* if people want to waste their time going over every pack with a magnifying glass and weighing them as long as they dont damage the cards that other people buy!!

that is so uncool. i would keep the keith and take the rest back. so lame!
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers

Pack searchers suck
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Just unreal someone would go to that level to steal some bowman retail cards....i hope and pray no one you member on this board buy those hot packs cause u are just feeding the people who do this stuff for a living. its no wonder why my son has never pulled any relic or auto from wwe packs at walmart. its a shame people stoop this low. I did go back to walmart and got a gift card in exchange for what i spent. The manager couldnt believe someone would do that, she said well maybe these cards are better, this is deion sanders....92 triple play card lol!!!!
siptjean---i did keep the keith and a gold leaf rookie of bret boone. figured it was worth the gas money i spent going back and forth to walmart!
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(05-06-2013, 10:36 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: Just unreal someone would go to that level to steal some bowman retail cards....i hope and pray no one you member on this board buy those hot packs cause u are just feeding the people who do this stuff for a living. its no wonder why my son has never pulled any relic or auto from wwe packs at walmart. its a shame people stoop this low. I did go back to walmart and got a gift card in exchange for what i spent. The manager couldnt believe someone would do that, she said well maybe these cards are better, this is deion sanders....92 triple play card lol!!!!
siptjean---i did keep the keith and a gold leaf rookie of bret boone. figured it was worth the gas money i spent going back and forth to walmart!
Not to make light of the subject (cause pack searching sucks) but the reason he's never pulled anything from the retail WWE packs is because the odds on them are pathetically sick (trust me, I wrestle for a living...ergo I have to buy the cards, I've gotten ONE hit from them since 03). Heck, half of the WWE retail doesn't even have autos/relics Sad

Buy him a blaster, they tend to have guarenteed hits Tongue

But seriously though...thats all just...what the heck thats just wrong!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75