`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Deck vs Panini

Upper Deck vs Panini
Ok, nothing major - but just comparing the 2 of them as far as redemptions. I personally prefer UD over Panini, I have forgiven them of all their past sins. I have tried much of the Panini product as well. Still prefer Upper Deck. The cards still look better, hold better value, and fewer redemptions. Panini does have some great sets and inserts, but still not there.

Anyway, I redeemed 3 redemptions through Panini, 2 - 5 weeks ago, 1 - 3 weeks ago. Still no update, and their site indicates nothing to say athlete signing, cards in stock, etc. Just have to sit and wait. One of them is a shield auto - kinda anxious about that one.

I redeemed 2 redemptions through Upper Deck, BOOM - next day both are noted as packaging for delivery. No waiting and an instant update!

Pretty obvious that UD is responding much better with their redemptions. I am sure some of you have some haunting stories for both - but this is what I experienced.

To be fair, all 5 cards redeemed are from 2011-12 sets so no disadvantage to either there.

Comments welcome. Thanks for reading.

RE: Upper Deck vs Panini
I have "liked" the Panini Facebook page and get these included in updates:

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2013/...t-to-date/

It isn't an update from their site on your specific redemption card, but it is kind of cool to see all of the ones that have come in. Obviously it would be better to not have them at all.

Thanks,
Nathan

the updates by the blog by both companies are alright

I try to avoid redemptions but there is one for each company i am watching to see if it is every made
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

By far prefer UD. I've never EVER gotten the card I was supposed to from Panini. Even when I've requested replacements from Panini, I've had to jump through hoop after hoop (my most recent one took 8 months TO GET A REPLACEMENT- thats AFTER the mandatory waiting period to request!).

Even when I've had to request a replacement from UD, they were fast and always took good care of me!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Redemptions suck. Period!

(05-04-2013, 12:51 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: By far prefer UD. I've never EVER gotten the card I was supposed to from Panini. Even when I've requested replacements from Panini, I've had to jump through hoop after hoop (my most recent one took 8 months TO GET A REPLACEMENT- thats AFTER the mandatory waiting period to request!).

Even when I've had to request a replacement from UD, they were fast and always took good care of me!
i agree with everything that you said. here are my "3 STAR" issues with Panini...

#3:
*redemption entered on 07/10/11.
*didn't bother calling (as you will see, it doesn't matter to them).
*marked as shipped 06/26/12
*received card.

#2:
*redemption entered on 04/01/11.
*called in June to ask for replacement (as well as issue #1).
*was told that they were "waiting for the printing presses to open up, and that a replacement would be a better option."
*marked as shipped 12/19/11
*received the original card in question.

#1:
*redemption entered on 01/10/11.
*called in May to have a replacement sent.
*called back in June after not receiving, was told no replacement was issued but it would be done this time. they asked who i liked and i said Flyers. they agreed and said they would send some extra packs to make up for the inconvenience.
*commented on my redemption's page on 08/04/11 after no receipt.
*received this message on 10/01/11: "We are still waiting on the autographs from that player. With redemption's we have a contract with the player. It does not however allow us to place a time frame on the athletes. The players agent will set up the signing with him around their own scheduling. When the signatures are done and returned to us then we process and send them out. You may request after the 4 month wait is over that we send you out a random pulled card of equal value as a trade or continue waiting for the actual card. Please let us know of your decision. Thank you and have a great day!"
*replied that they had the worst customer service of all time.
*redemption was marked as shipped on 11/10/2011.
*received original card in question.

sorry for the long rant, but as you can see...my loyalty is with Upper Deck.
-Matthew
[Image: flyerssig.jpg]

(05-04-2013, 09:43 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: the updates by the blog by both companies are alright

I try to avoid redemptions but there is one for each company i am watching to see if it is every made
Waiting to see if the 11-12 Cup Ovechkin auto card ever gets made.
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

I've never had a redemption problem with Panini whatsoever and UD has been awful.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Appreciate the feedback. Again, not really dumping on Panini, but even through today there are no further updates on the 3 redemptions. The frustrating part is just not knowing, and then thinking inevitably it's the 4 month/8 month wait period, and the negotiation for an equivalent card (again, the ensigns/shield card).
UD indicated cards in stock and being pulled for shipping, should be another week to receive as I am in Canada. None of the Panini's (3) have any updates.
Just comparing heads up on the 3 for each, UD has the lead. But still haven't received a single card from either.
(05-11-2013, 07:47 PM)stadium sports cards Wrote: Redemptions suck. Period!
AMEN!