`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rc Question

Rc Question
I remember when you could just have 1 rookie card per set. The other in the same set was considered a first year card.
Question 1
These rules seemed to have changed. Can anyone give me an update as to how they declare more then 1 Rc per set now?
Question 2
All 3 of these cards are considered Rc's according to the Org. Is this a mistake, or really the how it is? None of these show up as retail or hobby. As I suspect might be the case. But 3 of them?
2011 Topps Platinum #7 Julio Jones RC
2011 Topps Platinum Green #7 Julio Jones/499 (Attributes-RC-Ser)
2011 Topps Platinum Red #7 Julio Jones/25 (Attributes-RC-Ser)
Any info is appreciated guys.
~cheerz~
Fx
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

RE: Rc Question

This is the only "true" RC. The others are just sort options for rookie year cards for lack of a better explaination lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

That's actually a good question! All 3 are stated as true rookie cards. How is that possible? I see where brand is coming from tho.. probably a Beckett mistake. But I've seen more weird stuff. Like "retail" RCS.... what a pain.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

This is the only "true" RC. The others are just sort options for rookie year cards for lack of a better explaination lol.
Still dont get it.

(05-02-2013, 07:44 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: That's actually a good question! All 3 are stated as true rookie cards. How is that possible? I see where brand is coming from tho.. probably a Beckett mistake. But I've seen more weird stuff. Like "retail" RCS.... what a pain.
I dont mind , actually I like when they have the retail and hobby versions of Rc's. So many diff brands I cant afford to buy hobby, let alone find some hobby boxes thats local. I think I would never buy Retail if the rc's were not considered so. Plus the cards are different, take the Luck Crown Royal Rc, the retail has no auto on it. So I can afford it...lol...

See how its the only one with the RC after the name? That denotes that it is indeed the rookie card issue for that brand. Nothing else has the RC moniker but the rest can be sorted by rookie year which is a RC attribute. If you pull him up in the OPG and sort by RC it will only pull up the one I have listed.

As for retail and hobby - They are 2 seperate releases hence the 2 different monikers of RC.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(05-03-2013, 05:31 AM)branesergen Wrote: 2011 Topps Platinum #7 Julio Jones RC

See how its the only one with the RC after the name? That denotes that it is indeed the rookie card issue for that brand. Nothing else has the RC moniker but the rest can be sorted by rookie year which is a RC attribute. If you pull him up in the OPG and sort by RC it will only pull up the one I have listed.

As for retail and hobby - They are 2 seperate releases hence the 2 different monikers of RC.
I concur with the doctor

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

+1 with doc
Photobucket

Thanx guys...

There is also the issue of non-NFL licensed product or Draft Products that many people consider RCs. Upper Deck, Press Pass, Sage, Leaf Valiant, Leaf Draft are not rookie cards. I don't believe they are listed in the OPG as rookies, but many are readily available in retail stores. So if you are looking for Rookie cards don't buy Upper Deck products.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.