`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing Plate auto value more/less than color autos?

Printing Plate auto value more/less than color autos?
Title says it all.. was wondering if printing plate auto's are worth more/less than low # color autos. thanks!

RE: Printing Plate auto value more/less than color autos?
Technically yes since they are 1/1's but some people don't prefer the plate autos over color.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

i agree with haze, personaly i dont like em because the tend to smudge (the plate not the auto) and then it looks to messy for me

I'd say a lil more than a Blue but under what a Gold brings.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

Sweet.. my 2012 bc will middlebrooks pp auto status just changed to shipped!! I only redeemed it a month ago too.

It really depends on the player but I have found that most of the time color autos numbered to 10 and under usually sell for much more than printing plates. For some reason plates aren't really viewed as true 1/1's anymore even though they are true 1/1's. It doesn't make sense that a superfractor auto of bryce harper for instance would fetch thousands more than a printing plate. I have found that plates usually sell in realm of what gold refractors sell for. I think plates are the best bargain out there if you are chasing a rare card.

All true...as above..
Printing plates are not as popular as color auto/25 or /20 or /10
Even the 1/1 designation is not enough to grab top $$$.
I know that some collectors do not consider plates as the total amount when doing a player collection..
Others collect only plates..
Also, as above..depends on the player, but there are some many plates out there that I think..what used to be considered rare..is now considered run of the mill low #ed insert..

Depends on Plate sticker or on card too...feel like they're trying to get more of them on card. Which is good b/c the sticker autos on plates generally looks terrible.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]