Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fake RGIII on eBay

RE: Fake RGIII on eBay
wow that is just terrible lol
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(04-30-2013, 07:33 PM)gosports1 Wrote: flipsi, thanks for the Eagle Eye information
No problem at all! I was trying to prevent, AT LEAST, people on here from potentially spending hundreds of dollars on a card that, in its unaltered state, could be bought for $15-$20! Unfortunately the card is now bid up to over $150, unless eBay takes it down before any damage can be done.

Well, I thought we stopped this last time, but here it is on the bay AGAIN!
This time with a different seller.

http://bit.ly/17CmGsN

Remember, the only autograpghed version of this card is a 1/1. Here is an example of how the card should look. This is the Stephen Hill card. Notice the "1/1" stamp in the bottom as well as the "Topps Certified Autograph Issue" stamp next to it. Both of which are clearly missing on this RGIII card.

[Image: image_zpsf3dad4af.jpg]

i may be naive, but it looks like the exact same card. the autograph looks the same.

Im confused...? How exactly does a card that had a legitamite back that says "certified auto" conclude non legitimacy? So the back & the sticker are fake?

Appears to be the same card as the first one..same lint?
Just looked...the winner from the first auction, is now the seller of the second..so basically same card.

Also the new seller has a few PSA RG3s for sale...actually the die-cut is the only non slabbed card the seller is selling. I wonder if it was submitted & came back NA..?
[Image: images1_zps3c51d946.jpg]

I thought the same thing...so I messaged the seller. He claims that he sent it to PSA to get it graded, didn't like the grade, so took it out of the slab. Problem is, if you look at the population report it would show his card, but since he's selling it ungraded now, it makes it seem even more shady.

Personally I think it could be legit. Topps doesn't always produce cards the exact same way...if this was originally a redemption I can see them producing it without the #1/1 stamp and as a sticker. But I'm no expert and I'd definitely just get it graded just to protect my own integrity for a card like that.

(07-24-2013, 01:11 AM)mintrobmint Wrote: Im confused...? How exactly does a card that had a legitamite back that says "certified auto" conclude non legitimacy? So the back & the sticker are fake?

Also the new seller has a few PSA RG3s for sale...actually the die-cut is the only non slabbed card the seller is selling. I wonder if it was submitted & came back NA..?

If fake, I don't like it.

But, think of it this way. RG3 never signed a card. He signed a sheet full of nothing more than address labels.

Someone simply took the label from one card and put it on another. RG3 still signed it. This is more of a jab at the companies who use sticker autos and how stupid it actually is to do when you look at it this way.

I originally assumed someone took a real RG3 auto sticker from a real RG3 card and put it on a more expensive card but like others have pointed out, the back doesnt make sense to me either. Unless the back is of the actual 1/1 card.
As for the new seller, it looks to me like he just figured out he got burned and is just trying to recoup his loss by screwing over someone else. I feel bad for him.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

Reported again... He is trying to burn someone back after he bought it and realized its fake as hell... Good catch Flipsi!!!
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

When I first saw the seller post it up for sale last night, he had it at $750 obo. Then over the course of the day today, he increased it to $3000 obo then to $5000 obo, which is where it currently stands.

As far as the back is concerned with the auto "certification", I've seen 9 or 10 of these autos from the Platinum Rookie Die Cut set(all of of which are 1/1's, there is no other non-serial numbered auto version) and the one main thing that is missing from this RGIII, which is on ALL the other autos I've seen, is the 1/1 stamp and the "TOPPS CERTIFIED AUTOGRAPH ISSUE" printing on the front.

The seller has added the PSA cracked case in photo #3
[Image: images1_zps3c51d946.jpg]