`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta Love Antique Malls

Gotta Love Antique Malls
I never go to these places, but there is a fairly large antique mall about 15 miles from where I live and decided to stop by today since I had to run my mom out town for an appointment that she had. She lost her job last year and doesn't get the chance to get out much so it was a treat for her to walk around and check stuff out. I found one vendor that had a case of various sports related stuff and he had some various Topps cards from the late 50s. Obviously he must have not been to knowledgeable because he had a 58 Topps card of Gil Hodges labeled as a 57 and priced for $25. (it was in fair condition). Another case had a 47-66 Exhibits of Satchel Paige marked for $45!! Annnd to top it off someone had a rack pack of 91 Donruss with $5 on it. This mall rents out spaces and of course the people who own the stuff is never there. Do people actually buy this stuff?!?!?!?

RE: Gotta Love Antique Malls
Actually our antique mall is the closest thing I have baseball card store besides Target, Wal Mart or KMart. It helps I'm good friends with the owner. He mostly sells 90s stuff he gets in now a day stuff every now and then. Although every time I see his PC I need a drool bucket. He collects mostly pre-WWII stuff.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(04-29-2013, 05:16 PM)beginesj Wrote: Actually our antique mall is the closest thing I have baseball card store besides Target, Wal Mart or KMart. It helps I'm good friends with the owner. He mostly sells 90s stuff he gets in now a day stuff every now and then. Although every time I see his PC I need a drool bucket. He collects mostly pre-WWII stuff.
Well this place is pretty huge and I probably missed some cards as I was only in there for about 30-45 min. There wasn't really too much card wise within the last 5-6 years. One place did have a "shoebox" card box with cards all in top loaders....but it looked like he just opened up a Beckett and priced everything at high value. There were many 95-05 base/inserts that were just too high priced. Most were stuff in there in the $2-$5 range that would have traded well here, but no way I would pay bv on trade bait.

was this the antique mall off of tesson ferry?
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(04-29-2013, 09:00 PM)phreakyq Wrote: was this the antique mall off of tesson ferry?
Na, it's in IL off I-55 about 45 miles north of STL.