`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT: Taking advantage of people (small rant)

RE: OT: Taking advantage of people (small rant)
Dude, your chick traded baseball cards for your bday present. THAT'S AWESOME. lol

(04-26-2013, 07:26 PM)jcanavas Wrote: Dude, your chick traded baseball cards for your bday present. THAT'S AWESOME. lol
Yeah, what he said!

You have to put a ring on that girl's finger!
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(04-26-2013, 06:26 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I read the comment as a joke. I've never heard of the player (Luke Kuechly), but based on the fact that your girlfriend was asking for Dodgers cards, I assumed that the offer of a scrub football player auto was him just joking around. If I'm mistaken, then I agree with you.

In any event, I have done a fair number of trades here and haven't noticed much sharp dealing myself. If anything, I would expect that your gf probably got some nice offers and, hopefully, you end up with a nice card in return. Happy early birthday to you!
+1!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(04-26-2013, 07:49 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: Yeah, what he said!

You have to put a ring on that girl's finger!
am I the only one that is bothered by this? LOL

if my wife went behind my back in our modest lil collection and traded one of my most rare cards I had ever pulled from a pack blindly without consulting me I'd be a bit... bothered by that.

(of course unless she hit a homerun of a good choice in what to trade it for!)

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(04-27-2013, 02:14 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: am I the only one that is bothered by this? LOL

if my wife went behind my back in our modest lil collection and traded one of my most rare cards I had ever pulled from a pack blindly without consulting me I'd be a bit... bothered by that.

(of course unless she hit a homerun of a good choice in what to trade it for!)
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

(04-26-2013, 06:26 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I read the comment as a joke. I've never heard of the player (Luke Kuechly), but based on the fact that your girlfriend was asking for Dodgers cards, I assumed that the offer of a scrub football player auto was him just joking around. If I'm mistaken, then I agree with you.

In any event, I have done a fair number of trades here and haven't noticed much sharp dealing myself. If anything, I would expect that your gf probably got some nice offers and, hopefully, you end up with a nice card in return. Happy early birthday to you!
He wasn't kidding, he has been trying to dump his .25 cent-$10 football base/insert cards on me for higher end baseball autos.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(04-27-2013, 12:06 PM)dpatera Wrote: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
I guess bothered wouldn't be the right word, I'd be pretty pissed off haha
edit: as nice an attempt as it may be.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

If she didn't mind me trading some of her stuff for her birthday present, I would think it was really cool of her to trade my cards. But I would want her to know what she's trading. I'd give her the Bowman insert box for trading at first and work up to the rookies.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

I dunno - maybe his girl knows something about cards and knows the potential to get something equally cool but more specific to dude's PC.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Lol no everybody I'm not mad that she's trading my card. I've been wanting to trade it but I've been incredibly busy at work and money is tight so I guess she thought it would be a great idea for a present and I agree. I'm excited to see what she traded it for (she informed me today that she worked out a trade with somebody). She actually knows quite a bit about cards since I talk about them 24/7 lol, and she knows how to do research on certain cards/players and look up values if she isn't sure. She even does a little collecting of Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers as well lol.
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%