`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT: Taking advantage of people (small rant)

OT: Taking advantage of people (small rant)
So I was browsing the trade portion of the baseball forum and noticed randomly that my gf had posted one of my cards ft trying to get me a bday present. I will admit, I think its an awesome idea and I'm excited to see what she gets me (I don't wanna know who she traded with or what she traded for lol) but I noticed that someone commented on it basically telling her the card isn't worth much and that he would offer her a very very very low end card in return for it. Now I would like to point out that the card she put up has a $XXX bv. I know who posted the response and I know that you are very new to the forum so I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt for maybe not knowing the value or whatever, but next time, do a little reseiarch before throwing out an offer and telling her the card "isn't THAT valuable". I know everybody wants to get the best deal they possibly can but just because someone doesn't know as much about something, doesn't mean you need to try and take advantage of that. Please and thank you Smile
Sorry about the rant lol, its just really been bugging me. To the person that posted it, I'm not mad at all. Just asking you check values before downplaying what someone has and making a very low ball offer.
Hope everybody has a great day! Go Dodgers!
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

RE: OT: Taking advantage of people (small rant)
I don't like to see people taken advantage of either but I will point out that although the Beckett value is what it is, that amount may be perceived different by different people. For example, a $20 card is a valuable card to me. A $20 card is nothing to a lot of people on this site. I've seen several in these forums who bust boxes and cases of cards and others who buy high end product. All of that is waaay out of my league, but to them a $20 card is nothing and even a $100 card may not be considered very valuable to them. Know what I mean?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

A $20 card is actually pretty valuable to me as well. I don't really bust hobby boxes so most of what I have is low end retail stuff. I'm just saying that offering up a card with a $10 bv for a $100 bv card and basically telling the person its even is not right
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

I'd be interested in seeing the original thread. Would probably be easier to offer up an opinion
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1534264.html
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

not cool.
[Image: LqvsVQD.png]

A lot of people don't do trades by book value, choosing instead to go by sale value. Would need to know which Kuechly Auto it was, but the trade might be closer than would appear. No current sales data on the Jeter available without jumping on one of the several data websites, only a couple of completed unsuccessful auctions which actually appear to be of this particular Jeter.

If, however, there was malicious intent, then that wouldn't be very appropriate. Very difficult to determine such intent though.
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

Agreed, not cool
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

pretty lame.
I'm sure she got you something great because I think it would trade pretty well.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

I read the comment as a joke. I've never heard of the player (Luke Kuechly), but based on the fact that your girlfriend was asking for Dodgers cards, I assumed that the offer of a scrub football player auto was him just joking around. If I'm mistaken, then I agree with you.

In any event, I have done a fair number of trades here and haven't noticed much sharp dealing myself. If anything, I would expect that your gf probably got some nice offers and, hopefully, you end up with a nice card in return. Happy early birthday to you!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*