`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading?

RE: What are the things you ENJOY and LIKE about collecting/trading?
longhornmike: there is just something about busting a box that is so much more appealing than ebay. Must be the unknown.

Its the thrill of the hunt with collecting, and with pack ripping, the thrill of the unknown.

i really love opening boxes and packs. even though i usually dont get what i want and i am broke i love the thrill and anticipation!!

Friedmana: I know the feeling, that thrill and anticipation keeps me coming back for more when it comes to boxes.

My favorite thing right now in my collecting is very simple group trades. I am part of a FB trade group on this site where I get new cards of my team every month. I never know what is coming...sorta like opening a new box that comes in the mail each month. I also enjoy trades that are not done often on this site, where I send a lot of what you collect for a lot of what I collect. Agree on approximate BV, and send a cool package of Rangers to me for your cool package of Yanks. That type of deal. Collecting is a great hobby, and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do.

1. Showing my kids the hobby
2. Completing a set
3. Looking a sets I have completed (brings up the memories)
4. revolving goals (when I complete a set theres a million other sets I can go after I'm not just sitting there bored).
5. I enjoy pulling a a GREAT card of my PC guys (lower on my list due to Jeter did not sign with Topps and Mike Sweeney is retired).
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Everything stated in the above posts (especially opening and smelling new cards!) from opening to sharing with my girls. But I guess the best thing I like is meeting (haha online anyway) a very diverse group of people who share a common bond. It doesn't come across on a message board with our posts, but I think we all feel the joy when someone hits it big or finally gets that card they have been chasing as well as feel thier pain on a crappy break.

I hope everyone here realizes what a great, great community we have here. (kum-bi-a playing in background (LOL))
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-25-2013, 08:20 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Everything stated in the above posts (especially opening and smelling new cards!) from opening to sharing with my girls. But I guess the best thing I like is meeting (haha online anyway) a very diverse group of people who share a common bond. It doesn't come across on a message board with our posts, but I think we all feel the joy when someone hits it big or finally gets that card they have been chasing as well as feel thier pain on a crappy break.

I hope everyone here realizes what a great, great community we have here. (kum-bi-a playing in background (LOL))
LOL! I belong to three other boards. I only go on the other board when I have a particular card I cant find on here. The reason I stay on Beckett most of the time is because I love the community here!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

For me, its the hunt. As a player collector, I spend a lot of time searching for new Youk cards that I don't have yet. Tracking down a rare card for my PC is a lot of fun. I also love the thrill of pulling a nice card from a pack. Another thing I like is looking through my cards after busting packs looking for variations and short prints. Finally, I like watching cards I pull rise in value as the player developes (ex: Mike Trout, Buster Posey).
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

Although I don't do this much, I really enjoy face to face trading. I also like opening packs, hoping for a certain rookie card, and then pulling it.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.