`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lucky 2012 Bowman Chrome Pull - Tony Cingrani

Lucky 2012 Bowman Chrome Pull - Tony Cingrani
So I went to a local card show this weekend to pick up a case for a game-used hat I recently purchased. I bought a box of 2012 Bowman Chrome since I was already there.

I opened up the box and pulled nothing special at first. A Tom Milone RC numbered to 250 and a couple of refractors. Well I get to the last couple of packs and my autograph appears and it's.....Scooter Gennett. Wow. I was pissed, I spent 60 bucks on a box of cards to get a guy named Scooter's Autograph.

I have four packs left and at this point had given up hope at pulling anything special. I get to my last pack, and as I look through the four cards I notice a blue color shining through. I peel back the three cards and I see I pulled a friggin Tony Cingrani Blue Refractor Autograph numbered to /150! The card went straight from pack to sleeve and into a top holder.

Now Tony Cingrani isn't Harper or Darvish, but after I pulled the card I went straight to ebay and this guys regular refractor is selling for well over 80 bucks.

So while I love sharing this pull my question is what do I do? Do I sell this card on ebay? Do I get it graded? How much more potential does this card have of going up/down?

Thanks for any input and I am now a Tony Cingrani fan because of this pull!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Lucky 2012 Bowman Chrome Pull - Tony Cingrani
Very Nice pull!! Bowman Chrome has been good to me lately too! If you think it looks good enough to grade (centering ) and edges then go for it. This guy is another hot pitcher and just got called up last week.

Sell it!! He's with the big club now and had a really good start in his first appearance. You get a pretty good return on it.

Just picked up a box myself I have to go through tonight, congrats on the pull. Hopefully I get as lucky as I bought mine from my LCS and paid quite a bit more

Maybe I'm lucky that there's no LCS or local card shows where I live. I'd be broke in a month Smile

Congrats on the great pull! The people that say "sell" are probably giving you the best advise. I'm not good at getting rid of things and would add it to my PC and become a Cingrani collector. But that's just me Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice pull
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

eBay that mofo rit now! I don't think his stuff is going to get much hotter than it is right now unless he just keeps winning.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Well he has a matchup against the Cubs tonight. Not easy, but he should rack up K's. K's are sexy almost as much so as wins, so I figure he can do well tonight, I get the card graded on a 10-day grade at BGS.

Only thing is he has the Nats after, but I think if he struggles that start he won't necessarily be punished by the collectors, but we will see.

This card is in too good of condition to not get graded.

(04-22-2013, 04:34 PM)ayalar09 Wrote: So I went to a local card show this weekend to pick up a case for a game-used hat I recently purchased. I bought a box of 2012 Bowman Chrome since I was already there.

I opened up the box and pulled nothing special at first. A Tom Milone RC numbered to 250 and a couple of refractors. Well I get to the last couple of packs and my autograph appears and it's.....Scooter Gennett. Wow. I was pissed, I spent 60 bucks on a box of cards to get a guy named Scooter's Autograph.

I have four packs left and at this point had given up hope at pulling anything special. I get to my last pack, and as I look through the four cards I notice a blue color shining through. I peel back the three cards and I see I pulled a friggin Tony Cingrani Blue Refractor Autograph numbered to /150! The card went straight from pack to sleeve and into a top holder.

Now Tony Cingrani isn't Harper or Darvish, but after I pulled the card I went straight to ebay and this guys regular refractor is selling for well over 80 bucks.

So while I love sharing this pull my question is what do I do? Do I sell this card on ebay? Do I get it graded? How much more potential does this card have of going up/down?

Thanks for any input and I am now a Tony Cingrani fan because of this pull!
I watched Cingrani pitch tonight vs Vilanueva (Cubs) and he looked really solid. Not sure what his potential is, but if his cards are selling high, might as well join in. Congrats on the nice pull!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

So I sent it out to be graded by beckett today. Haven't done this in a long time, but I am excited to see what it turns out to get. Most Cingrani Bowman Chrome's seem to be getting 9.5s and 10 autos. I expect mine to get that grade, but of course you never know with these things.

All I know is the kid will have at least 2-3 starts before I get the card back, so hopefully he only increases his stock. When I get that package from Beckett Grading it will almost be like reopening the box again!