Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it time to sell trout????

RE: is it time to sell trout????
Agreed
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I just sold my trout collection and got a will clark five star auto and a bunch of dbacks PC stuff. Still have one rookie card of his but it was time to move what I had. I would hold onto a few and get rid of the rest
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

thanks for the large # of responses, its been a big help. i think im going to sell about 75% and hold 25%.

I think the window to sell may be gone...When he first came to the bigs in 2011 he was not very good. In 2012 he tore up the league. Somewhere in between those 2 seasons is the player he will be. In my opinion he is not the player that almost won the MVP last year. I think he is going to be a good player but I don't think he can duplicate his performance from last year. His stuff will still fetch good money but I think his stuff is going drop substantially in the next couple months. I think he will be a .285 25hr 90rbi kind of guy which is good but not what everybody thinks he was going to be.

Depends on why you have them in the first place. I won't sell my PC stuff at any point, no matter the price because that's not why I have them. I am not in it for any kind of investment.

He could be the next Fred Lynn.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(04-23-2013, 11:12 AM)joba the clark Wrote: I think the window to sell may be gone...When he first came to the bigs in 2011 he was not very good. In 2012 he tore up the league. Somewhere in between those 2 seasons is the player he will be. In my opinion he is not the player that almost won the MVP last year. I think he is going to be a good player but I don't think he can duplicate his performance from last year. His stuff will still fetch good money but I think his stuff is going drop substantially in the next couple months. I think he will be a .285 25hr 90rbi kind of guy which is good but not what everybody thinks he was going to be.
i see your point its all a guessing game at this point.
(04-23-2013, 12:03 PM)zeprock Wrote: He could be the next Fred Lynn.
ahaha anything is possible
(04-23-2013, 11:59 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Depends on why you have them in the first place. I won't sell my PC stuff at any point, no matter the price because that's not why I have them. I am not in it for any kind of investment.
he used to be my pc but not anymore, i pc jesus montero now. the only reason i would sell is because the more rare monteros that i need, nobody has on here and i need to buy

(04-23-2013, 02:45 PM)friedmana27 Wrote: i see your point its all a guessing game at this point.

ahaha anything is possible

he used to be my pc but not anymore, i pc jesus montero now. the only reason i would sell is because the more rare monteros that i need, nobody has on here and i need to buy
I'd go slow on Montero. I read recently that unless the M's unload Smoak (thus freeing up Morales to play 1B and Montero to DH full time), Montero might be looking at a minor league assignment. If you're serious about collecting him, you might get some good deals pretty soon... Hopefully he bounces back. He's a great hitter, but will probably not see a lot of time on the field (on defense).
(04-22-2013, 06:54 PM)dpatera Wrote: I think the problem with that theory is that most of his potential to be a super star is already priced in to his cards. Even if he's a top notch player from here on out, his cards don't really have much room to go up, but an awful lot of room to go down.

These top rookie guys like him, Harper, and Strasburg skyrocket so much to begin with, that even if they completely live up to the hype, they're not going to really increase in value. If you like the card, keep it. If you're trying to cash out for the best return, do it now before there's much chance for him to come back to Earth when the "next big thing" rookie pops up and draws all the attention.
I can't really disagree with what you're saying. I think Trout and Harper are legit though (Strasburg too, for that matter, but I worry a little more about his injury risk). Trouts cards have bounced back to the end-of-2012 BVs (as far as I can tell), so maybe now is a good time to sell (or trade) high.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

im alsmost hoping montero gets traded because of olivo. a new contract may boost his confidence and put him in a better place and team to do damage in.