`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
3rd Times the Charm....My 2012 Certified Black Freshman Fabric Autos

RE: 3rd Times the Charm....My 2012 Certified Black Freshman Fabric Autos
WOW. Missed this set in and amongst all the others you had. This is awesome! You already have some of the bigger names in RG3, Tannehill and Doug Martin. Is there anymore you know thats out there in peoples collections?

Awesomeness Mel, these black sets just look so good each year. Also glad your only on the last three years since Tyson would be in the last four years, would hate to bid against you on his from 09..........if I ever see it that is.

Good luck on the rest of them or however many you end up with.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(04-23-2013, 08:30 AM)melcmd Wrote: I still have the Emerald Jones. Things have been so chaotic of late. I'm just now starting to get organized in the new place. Anyone whose ever bought a short sell house knows they aren't exactly move in ready. I've finding stuff I haven't seen in years.

With my luck, Jones will blow up this year after I've gotten rid of it (just like Kaepernick did after I sold my extra). Lol

I've always got either my iPhone or iPad on hand. We 'll work something out.

Individually, not as cool looking as the Emerald. But together, they look better tan the Emerald.

I love this set because it truly is different than the cards in Gold and Emerald. Thy are essentially the same cards with a different background.
Thank you.....wish I had the ability to buy a house...things are weithin pennies most times....congrats on the move and good luck....if I can help out any lmk...Smile
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

UNO MAS?????
[Image: trentr_zpsab7f94a3.jpg]
Buying High End Football Cards, nothing # higher than 10 unless it's high grade rare contenders

Would love to add it to the set. However, the asking price is too steep for me. Current price is more than the last 4 combined that I bought (including the Tannehill which also graded a 9.5). I would probably have missed out on all 4 if i had tied my budget up in that one at the time. Maybe if the price comes down or he tears an ACL, which ever comes first. I just don't think these have a good return on the investment. A very nice card though,regardless.
(04-23-2013, 02:48 PM)timmyray79 Wrote: UNO MAS?????
[Image: trentr_zpsab7f94a3.jpg]
Wink 
(04-23-2013, 10:44 PM)melcmd Wrote: Would love to add it to the set. However, the asking price is too steep for me. Current price is more than the last 4 combined that I bought (including the Tannehill which also graded a 9.5). I would probably have missed out on all 4 if i had tied my budget up in that one at the time. Maybe if the price comes down or he tears an ACL, which ever comes first. I just don't think these have a good return on the investment. A very nice card though,regardless.
Cool, I realize where you are coming from Mel.

The Richardson championship ticket 1/1 brought 2,550 and his chrome superfractor auto 1/1 brought 3,050 both raw...tannehill chrome superfractor auto 1/1 only brought 1,500ish...so it could be said the ceiling for Richardson is 2x that of tannehill

Also as we have thrown it around, the AP Mirror Black 1/1 sold for 4,000 offline before he blew his knee out and it is in bgs 8 type shape or worse, could not imagine the price tag if it were bgs 9.5/10.... He was also chosen #7 overall in a much weaker draft class than richardson who was chosen #3 behind arguably two of the hottest players to ever enter the NFL and certainly the hottest two players to enter the hobby world.

Buying High End Football Cards, nothing # higher than 10 unless it's high grade rare contenders

Unfortunately, he plays for Cleveland! I'm a Peterson fan and I still wouldn't pay $4000. Also, as mentioned before, Richardson has done nothing to compare himself to AP other than being a running back. I would argue that the AP was as high because there was no one else (other than Megatron) to spend your dollars on in 2007.

Contenders/Championship Ticket auto's have a huge following. Unfortunately, I have a stack of those I over paid for and regret as well from prior years. Chrome Superfractors also have a huge following, unlike Certified.

It would be foolish of me to spend that kind of money with not only knowing what it cost, but just throwing the money away on something that is already priced above it's ceiling. Buy low, sell high, right?

Every card in the end is a waste of money. A person has to have limits and accept it as a hobby. It's not a business for me. Not only is it not smart to buy it at that price, it also gives sellers of other Certified Black cards the illusion that they are worth more than they are.

I'm not going there. This is especially true since I'm not even a Richardson fan! I don't care who you are and what you make for a living. To drop that kind of money on a player you care nothing about would be insane and wasteful.

Finally, there have to be plenty of Richardson and Browns' fans out there. If they believed in the guy, why haven't they dropped the money on it? Maybe because the price is too high. Just a thought.

Again, it's a nice looking card. But as I learned with the 2010 class, being desperate only makes me waste money. Two years later, I'm not disappointed that I did not jump on some of the outrageous asking prices then. And I just moved on to a new project.

I get AP stuff now at a fraction of what I did in 2007. I wouldn't be smart to keep doing that. Otherwise, I would have learned absolutely nothing in this hobby.
(04-23-2013, 11:26 PM)timmyray79 Wrote: Cool, I realize where you are coming from Mel.

The Richardson championship ticket 1/1 brought 2,550 and his chrome superfractor auto 1/1 brought 3,050 both raw...tannehill chrome superfractor auto 1/1 only brought 1,500ish...so it could be said the ceiling for Richardson is 2x that of tannehill

Also as we have thrown it around, the AP Mirror Black 1/1 sold for 4,000 offline before he blew his knee out and it is in bgs 8 type shape or worse, could not imagine the price tag if it were bgs 9.5/10.... He was also chosen #7 overall in a much weaker draft class than richardson who was chosen #3 behind arguably two of the hottest players to ever enter the NFL and certainly the hottest two players to enter the hobby world.