`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need opinions on a bad trade!!!

Need opinions on a bad trade!!!
Im not going to name the trader at this point, I would just like opinions. I made a trade 2 months ago for a $40 Randle El GU/Auto and a $30 Tracy Mcgrady Auto for my PC. I traded him a $50 Tannehill Cracked Ice and a $20 Foles Refractor. When I received my cards 2 months ago the Randle El was in a screwdown so I wanted to remove it to inspect its condition. When I opened the case some of the print from the surface of the card peeled off on the case and it is still stuck on the case. I am not sure what caused this...maybe the case was screwed on too tight or maybe humidity or condensation. I notified the trader right away and he said he would try to work something out or find the same card as a replacement. I learned this Randle El card doesnt come up on the bay very often so over the course of the next month I sent him a list of 5-8 cards he had that were in the same price range that I would take as a replacement, he declined to send any of them. At that point I reminded him to please not trade the cards I had traded him in case he cant find a replacement and we need to reverse the trade, and he told me the cards I traded him had already been traded. I cant believe he traded the cards on a trade that wasnt finished and has declined 5-8 cards I listed for him to send as possible replacements. Now I am stuck waiting for him to find something I like as a replacement. Should I contact a mod or wait longer to see if he can find a replacement?

Thanks in advance for anybodys opinion on this!

RE: Need opinions on a bad trade!!!
contact a mod
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

In all honesty, it depends on how much you are willing to put up with. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for the trade to be undone (I know he already traded the cards). I also don't think it's unreasonable to get the cards of equal value you asked for in return. The best resolution is always worked out between the traders, but if you feel that you have taken reasonable steps to resolve the issue, contact a mod. My disclaimer: I don't know the other side of the story...
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

I agree but after waiting 2 months and those cards have been traded your best bet is to try and get a replacement of equal value, if they refuse then you need to contact a MOD. In all honesty I would like to know who this trader is so I do not trade with them so if you could please send me a PM I would appreciate it. That's serious humidity to make a card stick to the snap down.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

Bottom line is he needs to make this trade right sooner rather than later- he shouldnt have traded the cards away as long as you notified him right away. If the other trader is reading this, get this fixed now before I have to get involved. A trade is not complete until both sides are happy with it.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)