`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card grading?

Card grading?
Do buyers want cards like this graded or non graded? Also does anyone know the declared value on this card?

[Image: 20130421_045136_zps62f045e2.jpg]

RE: Card grading?
It is against terms of service of this site to post book values. Once you subscribe you'll see the book value and you can determine if it's worth it (from a bv standpoint) to have it graded.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

For purposes of grading, the declared value is whatever you want it to be.
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

generally speaking as a buyer:

if the seller is competent with their attention to detail, and providing accurate edtails, descriptions and nice high res photos of the front/back of the card and appear to make every effort to denote any imperfections on a card I am after if its a more rare/nicer one....... I'd then prefer it to be raw/ungraded

in a situation where I can't really easily tell the condition of the card, and the seller either is unsure or not confident in being able to visually describe the card.- it being graded might help but usually for me personally---raw all the way as I'm not trying to pay a premium for it being graded - so long as I can see the condition is what they say it is.

as a seller:
if you are positive your card will grade out at a high grade and is something that you know people would definitely have an interest in- I'd grade the card. for modern cards such as that one...if you were confident it would grade out to a BGS 9.5 - I'd grade it if my intent was to sell it. anything under a 9.5 and I'd keep it raw, post nice photos/descriptions and sell it that way.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Thanks Texan thats what i was asking.. i was looking at the grading form and i saw that you have to put a declared value on it..
And thanks John for your input!

aren't those #ed out of 5? Frankly, I'm not sure if you should get it graded if it's that low. Anything less than a gold bar would hurt the grade to me as a buyer, imo!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Yeah this is #ed out of 5. :o and another thing.. i have the may 2013 beckett magazine and i can't seem to find any references to 2006 bowman draft RED refractors.

The magazine is Cliff's notes at this point.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(04-23-2013, 03:36 AM)saeholla Wrote: Yeah this is #ed out of 5. :o and another thing.. i have the may 2013 beckett magazine and i can't seem to find any references to 2006 bowman draft RED refractors.
Due to scarcity, Beckett doesn't list book values for cards such as this.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

If it looks good with no visible defects then I would grade it. As far as value I have no clue. I check ebay to see what rare cards sell for. You prob won't find that exact one there but you may find something similar.