`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest BGS Grading Order - Received

Latest BGS Grading Order - Received
Just got the email from Beckett saying my cards are in work and will be completed on the 23rd. These are the cards I submitted with my prediction grade:

1. 1987-88 Fleer Michael Jordan ! BGS 9
2. 1987-88 Fleer Stickers Michael Jordan/ BGS 8 (shows wear on corners/surface)
3. 1992-93 Stadium Club Beam Team Michael Jordan BGS 9
4. 1996-97 SkyBox Premium Rubies #55 Kobe Bryant BGS 9
5. 2012-13 Elite Turn of the Century Autographs Rick Fox/25 BGS 9.5/10 Auto

I'll post the grade results and some pictures.

RE: Latest BGS Grading Order - In Process
Hey, glad that Beam Team graded well for you. I'm assuming that is the one you picked up in a trade from me. Did it miss a 9.5 due to centering? I just pulled it this fall so although cards that have been factory boxed for 20 years rarely stay mint on the corners that one looked pretty solid.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

(04-20-2013, 11:17 AM)SHowley2003 Wrote: Hey, glad that Beam Team graded well for you. I'm assuming that is the one you picked up in a trade from me. Did it miss a 9.5 due to centering? I just pulled it this fall so although cards that have been factory boxed for 20 years rarely stay mint on the corners that one looked pretty solid.
That is the Beam Team I got from you but the grade I have there is just my prediction grade. I agree with you about the centering, that's the only reason I didnt say 9.5. I'm hoping 2 other subs get a 10 to bump up the final grade. haha

Oh I didn't seethe prediction part, I should pay attention more often. Good luck with them.

and the suspense builds... I like how the grading results are viewable on this website (under "My Grading Orders") once it ships so you don't even need to wait for them to arrive. I've even found that the results are viewable up to half a day before the email comes out saying they're done.

Got the results yesterday and I am very upset and dissapointed to say the least.

S.No # / Set Name / Player Name / Final Grade / Auto Grade
7620736 /1992-93 Stadium Club Beam Team /Michael Jordan/ 8.5
7620738 /1987-88 Fleer / Michael Jordan ! / Card Restored
7620739 /1987-88 Fleer Stickers / Michael Jordan / Card Restored
7620741 /1996-97 SkyBox Premium Rubies / Kobe Bryant / Card Restored
7620743 /12-13 Elite Turn of the Century AU Rick Fox/25 9 / 10.0

The 2 87-88 MJs I got from a friend.
The Kobe Ruby was in a PSA case. serial # 02471331 How could PSA have missed an Alteration especially on a high end card?

Whoa! What does restored mean? Is that their way of saying the card was altered???

(04-24-2013, 05:18 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: Whoa! What does restored mean? Is that their way of saying the card was altered???
That's exactly what that means. I wont know the exact description of the alteration(s) till I have the cards in hand.
I dont even know if the cards deemed Altered were slabbed. I wonder if the cards having a serial number assigned means they were slabbed and labeled. Does anyone know if that would be the case?

Was the Kobe still in the PSA case when you sent it to BGS? Or did you crack it out yourself?
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

(04-24-2013, 05:35 PM)The_Zodiac_Collection Wrote: Was the Kobe still in the PSA case when you sent it to BGS? Or did you crack it out yourself?
I cracked it out of the PSA case to avoid the fee.