`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Super (?) Box updated

RE: Super (?) Box updated
(05-03-2013, 10:48 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That's what I was telling you! You spent less than half of what you spent on the so called "super box" but felt 500% better! It wouldn't have been difficult or very expensive for SBay cards to give you at least $100 BV worth of cards ... At least you wouldn't have walked away sour and feeling "taken" ...
I told you that you'd be happy with the Best Dutch! JacobySH is the man! I'll be buying from him again, and again!
right now, i have 16 different (with at least 3-4 each) mattinglys worth 8-30 dollars each. you got a few of them already, but im setting aside at least 1 of each for you. and actually...i think i have more mattinglys coming in (short on baseball, except, mattingly)

(05-03-2013, 11:26 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: right now, i have 16 different (with at least 3-4 each) mattinglys worth 8-30 dollars each. you got a few of them already, but im setting aside at least 1 of each for you. and actually...i think i have more mattinglys coming in (short on baseball, except, mattingly)
Having an overabundance of Mattingly is never a problem for me Smile
Thanks and much appreciated!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Busting boxes, whether it's a current box or one that is something like this (the same can be said about the Leaf Best of...boxes), you're always gambling. I paid $115 for a box of 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Baseball, couldn't even make back $20, so it's all the same. It's just the chance you take.

(05-05-2013, 12:25 AM)kstjst Wrote: Busting boxes, whether it's a current box or one that is something like this (the same can be said about the Leaf Best of...boxes), you're always gambling. I paid $115 for a box of 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Baseball, couldn't even make back $20, so it's all the same. It's just the chance you take.
I understand what you are saying, but I disagree to a certain degree. When Topps is putting together a box of new product, there's an amount of randomness to the BV of what is there, since the product is new and there is no BV established. Sure, they know that there's an established value of a Yogi Berra Autograph vs. a Vida Blue Auto, but there's still a randomness to the collation.
SBay cards were putting together these (not so) super boxes, fully aware of the cards value, purposely combining Lots to be sold to their customers, promising (at least to me) that this super (?) box was going to be sooooo much better than previous boxes they sold. Sure, they put in a chance to win a Mantle Rookie, sure Topps throws in a case hit bat knob 1/1 card .... Both giving the buyer that extra added incentive to a) buy their product b) buy more of that product c) help advertise that product to other collectors!

Skip this paragraph if number crunching bores you Smile
Your box of Gypsy Queen, for example has 24 packs, 10 cards per pack (240 cards) plus a box loader (250 cards grand total) Guaranteed 2 autos, 2 relics. At the low end a $100 box (thats what i bought mine for) I believe, gets you at least $100 BV of product (comparing BV as a neutral guide)..... 2 autos book at a minimum at $8 each, relics at the low end $6? There's a mini per pack that has a minimum BV of .50. Theres an additional 10 exclusive minis that randomly book at $1 each. And the remaining cards lets say low end 20 cents each? That's $28 (auto/relic) + $12 (mini) + $42 (base 212x.20) + $10 (box loader $1 x10) which totals up to be about $92 for $100 box .... That's totally minimum with the absolute worst possible mix with absolutely no rookie prospects, no stars, nada, zilch! Just 1 Trout or 1 Harper base card or mini brings you right up to getting nearly $100 worth of cards for $100. Topps is justified selling that product at that price and the gamble of getting something more is still there as an added incentive. I might have issues with other new Topps product, but I was using your GQ example. Smile

Wink no more number crunching ......
SBay could and should be able to at least, bare mininum, give their customers close to BV of $100 for a 100 dollar super box. ... In reality, they should be expected and obligated to doing so.

Like someone pointed out, they probably know who is getting the Mantle rookie, because they control the game. They might, at least, make sure that the "random" box is held back to keep the chance of finding the mantle card viable longer (which is happening) keeping sales higher for their benefit.

Needless to say, knowing what I do now, if I could spend that $100 again, I'd buy a box of GQ over a superbox from SBay any day! .... And would advise anyone here to do the same. Better still, buy 100 Dutch auctions from JacobyStealsHome .. 10% of all proceeds goes to The Jimmy Fund and you get back 7X BV for every dollar spent. That's a win-win every time.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-01-2013, 04:54 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hey, maybe you got the Big Hit and it's lucky that you DIDN'T read this first. Smile Time will tell.
Let me know how you did. Curious how they put the other boxes together.

I'll PM you JacobyStealsHome's ebay auction right now.
PM ME ALSO
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(05-06-2013, 11:19 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: PM ME ALSO
Done.

I received my cards from Jacoby yesterday after the post office took them on a tour of another suburb around me and all I can say is he did a FANTASTIC job. It was packed with basebally goodness. A Yo and a Normar rookie?! Also the Shilling game used card is the best game used card I've ever received. Usually, I just get a plain patch but the D-back Shilling had a pin stripe in it. May not sound like much but for me, it was the highlight. You cannot go wrong with his auctions and he is a class act as well.

(05-07-2013, 07:20 AM)brewcrewfan77 Wrote: I received my cards from Jacoby yesterday after the post office took them on a tour of another suburb around me and all I can say is he did a FANTASTIC job. It was packed with basebally goodness. A Yo and a Normar rookie?! Also the Shilling game used card is the best game used card I've ever received. Usually, I just get a plain patch but the D-back Shilling had a pin stripe in it. May not sound like much but for me, it was the highlight. You cannot go wrong with his auctions and he is a class act as well.
sorry i didnt have much brewer stuff for your 10 lot order. got some in today (as well as giants and red sox), and should be getting more in today (including - i hope, fingers crossed - some late 70's yount and molitor goodness)

Not a problem about the Brewers stuff. While they are my favorites; I love the game overall and am always looking to add to my collection. (Cubs and Cardinals excluded of course Wink )

(05-07-2013, 07:20 AM)brewcrewfan77 Wrote: I received my cards from Jacoby yesterday after the post office took them on a tour of another suburb around me and all I can say is he did a FANTASTIC job. It was packed with basebally goodness. A Yo and a Normar rookie?! Also the Shilling game used card is the best game used card I've ever received. Usually, I just get a plain patch but the D-back Shilling had a pin stripe in it. May not sound like much but for me, it was the highlight. You cannot go wrong with his auctions and he is a class act as well.
That's what I've been telling you all along!! Glad it was a successful endeavor for you.

Like I said before, what good are we if we can't guide each other a little ... point us in the right direction to the good stuff and steer us away from the bad!!