`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Super (?) Box updated

RE: Super (?) Box updated
(05-01-2013, 09:52 AM)brewcrewfan77 Wrote: Wow, I wish I would have found this thread before I droped the $109 on a Super Box. Haven't received it yet but from what I'm hearing I shouldn't keep my hopes up that much. Jacoby, where can I find out more about your auctions?
Hey, maybe you got the Big Hit and it's lucky that you DIDN'T read this first. Smile Time will tell.
Let me know how you did. Curious how they put the other boxes together.

I'll PM you JacobyStealsHome's ebay auction right now.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-01-2013, 04:54 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hey, maybe you got the Big Hit and it's lucky that you DIDN'T read this first. Smile Time will tell.
Let me know how you did. Curious how they put the other boxes together.

I'll PM you JacobyStealsHome's ebay auction right now.
Too late! already ordered, paid, order created and shipped :p

(05-01-2013, 05:15 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Too late! already ordered, paid, order created and shipped :p
Speedy!! Speedy!!!
True sign of a professional!!

BTW: for anyone interested, As of 4/30 the Super Box with the Mantle card wasn't 'found' yet ... or at least it wasn't reported. Imagine that ... "Keep Hope Alive!!!" right? Convenience or coincidence? you decide!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I will indeed give an update to what I am given. UPS is saying I should have it today. Not expecting much, but who knows? And Jacoby is a true professional. Can't wait to see what I get.

(05-02-2013, 10:50 AM)brewcrewfan77 Wrote: I will indeed give an update to what I am given. UPS is saying I should have it today. Not expecting much, but who knows? And Jacoby is a true professional. Can't wait to see what I get.
Hope you got the big hit. 1) that would be great for you 2) it means that SBay is legitimate.
You'll probably get JacobyStealshome Dutch auction before the superbox. Hope you enjoy both.

Aaaannnnnddddd....

Bupkiss. Nada. Very, very little.

So, the "hits" include a 1964 Willie McCovey in Ex-NM. A 2012 Yu Darvish Topps Die-Cut Silver Golden Giveaway. A 2000 Fleer Tony Gwynn 3000 die-cut uniform relic numbered to 465 and a 1999-2000? Fleer Monte Irvin auto.
I may keep the McCovey put the Darvish and Gwynn on the 'Bay and see if I can get about $10-15 for both and I'll give the Monte Irvin to my nephew (who's only 1 1/2. but you have to get these kids started young).

Every time. This is why I should just stick to vintage. I haven't had a decent break yet. Bunch of little (and I mean little) hits but still searching for an elusive biggie for my PC.

That sucks!
The Not So Super Box isn't what it's advertised to be. You should write to Scott at SBay and tell him how you feel. I wonder if he tells you what he told me "you're the first to complain" .... Maybe he meant to tell me "you're the first to complain .... Today!" Smile

If it's any consolation, your 64 McCovey card is probably in much better shape than my 66 Eddie Mathews card, and probably more valuable. Your Monte Irving auto card is waaaaay better than my Bruce "who?" Maxwell auto. Your Tony Gwynn relic vs. my Sparky Anderson relic? .... That's about even. But the Yu Darvish DieCut? Heads and tails above my graded Piazza card! You did much better than I did, which isn't saying much since you feel about as "raped" as I did. So much for the Super Box. So anyone that has the itch, this is what to expect. But on the other hand, the Mantle Rookie still hasn't surfaced.

If its any more consolation, your order from JacobySH is on its way. You'll feel much better after opening that box. Let us know how you did.

I got my package today from Jacoby and WOW!!!!!!!!!

I've never had more fun breaking anything in my life! I've done other dutch auctions where you get mostly serial #'d autos of flamed out prospects and nobodies... but not this time! Every SINGLE card found a place in my PC. There were a few of players I didn't care for that found their way into my PC just because of how beautiful the cards were. I spent $43 and got over $300 in BV back. Only a couple cards where $3 BV, the rest were $4 or much more. When I purchased the lot it said that the minimum was $2 or $3, but he FAR exceeded my expectations.

Overall Highlights
1994 Sportflics Movers #MM9 Don Mattingly $15 BV - Dude... I love Sportflics, even if they are of this tool Wink

1997 Donruss Rookie DKs Nomar Garciapparra $15 BV - I didn't expect to get such a cool card from a Red Sox fan!

1994 Leaf Gold Stars #6 Don Mattingly $30 BV - This is the only card up for trade right now

1998 Donruss Preferred #18 Vlad Guerrero $10 BV - I'm thinking of building an Expos collection... someone has to.

1998 Revolution Major League Icons #6 Chipper Jones $12 BV - You're un-American if you don't smile when you pull a Chipper

Personal Collection Highlights

I got a handful of some GREAT George Brett cards! I don't want to list them all, but they were the first to go into my PC folder.

2007 Upper Deck UD Game Materials #MS Mike Sweeney Jsy $8 BV -

Man, I'm so torn on Sweeney. He was the only bright spot of years of Royals failure and by all accounts, he's one helluva guy. He deserved better than the supporting cast he was given. At the same time, thinking of Sweeney reminds me of guys like Desi Relaford, Aaron Guiel, Michael Tucker, Mark Quinn, Neifi Perez... you get the idea. BUT, when I pulled this card it brought back nothing but positive memories. You can't beat that!

Lastly, the TOP card for my PC was
2012 Topps Archives Autographs #AOT Amos Otis BV $12

Ask any Royals fan who knows their ***** and they'll tell you Amos Otis is the man. It's no coincidence that the Royals put together one of the best seasons of all time in 1978 in the same season that Otis slugged .525 and played Gold Glove worthy defense. He also hit nearly .500 during the 1980 World Series. My only wish is that his health would have held up so that he could have been part of the '85 team.

Thanks a TON Jacoby, I'm excited to work with you again in the future!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(05-03-2013, 10:18 PM)cross4444 Wrote: I got my package today from Jacoby and WOW!!!!!!!!!

I've never had more fun breaking anything in my life! I've done other dutch auctions where you get mostly serial #'d autos of flamed out prospects and nobodies... but not this time! Every SINGLE card found a place in my PC. There were a few of players I didn't care for that found their way into my PC just because of how beautiful the cards were. I spent $43 and got over $300 in BV back. Only a couple cards where $3 BV, the rest were $4 or much more. When I purchased the lot it said that the minimum was $2 or $3, but he FAR exceeded my expectations.

Overall Highlights
1994 Sportflics Movers #MM9 Don Mattingly $15 BV - Dude... I love Sportflics, even if they are of this tool Wink

1997 Donruss Rookie DKs Nomar Garciapparra $15 BV - I didn't expect to get such a cool card from a Red Sox fan!

1994 Leaf Gold Stars #6 Don Mattingly $30 BV - This is the only card up for trade right now

1998 Donruss Preferred #18 Vlad Guerrero $10 BV - I'm thinking of building an Expos collection... someone has to.

1998 Revolution Major League Icons #6 Chipper Jones $12 BV - You're un-American if you don't smile when you pull a Chipper

Personal Collection Highlights

I got a handful of some GREAT George Brett cards! I don't want to list them all, but they were the first to go into my PC folder.

2007 Upper Deck UD Game Materials #MS Mike Sweeney Jsy $8 BV -

Man, I'm so torn on Sweeney. He was the only bright spot of years of Royals failure and by all accounts, he's one helluva guy. He deserved better than the supporting cast he was given. At the same time, thinking of Sweeney reminds me of guys like Desi Relaford, Aaron Guiel, Michael Tucker, Mark Quinn, Neifi Perez... you get the idea. BUT, when I pulled this card it brought back nothing but positive memories. You can't beat that!

Lastly, the TOP card for my PC was
2012 Topps Archives Autographs #AOT Amos Otis BV $12

Ask any Royals fan who knows their ***** and they'll tell you Amos Otis is the man. It's no coincidence that the Royals put together one of the best seasons of all time in 1978 in the same season that Otis slugged .525 and played Gold Glove worthy defense. He also hit nearly .500 during the 1980 World Series. My only wish is that his health would have held up so that he could have been part of the '85 team.

Thanks a TON Jacoby, I'm excited to work with you again in the future!
my first baseball game was at Kauffman back in...oh lord...78? i was over in ft leavenworth at the time (base, not prison). But Brett, otis, Paul Splittorff, Frank "aint" White, quirk....loved watching love guys

next time, ill have more royals for you. just really short on baseball at the moment. just about to buy about 4k in baseball from my local wholesaler

my favorite card from the batch i sent was the chipper jones. it's just a very cool looking card.

the minimum on your was 3 dollars a card (thats my 46 lot bonus...thats either my mixer bonus or blender bonus...cant remember off the top of my head)

(05-03-2013, 10:18 PM)cross4444 Wrote: I got my package today from Jacoby and WOW!!!!!!!!!

That's what I was telling you! You spent less than half of what you spent on the so called "super box" but felt 500% better! It wouldn't have been difficult or very expensive for SBay cards to give you at least $100 BV worth of cards ... At least you wouldn't have walked away sour and feeling "taken" ...
I told you that you'd be happy with the Best Dutch! JacobySH is the man! I'll be buying from him again, and again!