`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out this Mint/Nearmint card !

Check out this Mint/Nearmint card !
I was pretty happy the other day to pick up a center stage for 1.04 .......Until I received it in the mail today. So I dont even know whether its worth it to ask for a refund or just trash the card so nobody else gets it.

[Image: MJCut_zpsaa810210.jpg]

RE: Check out this Mint/Nearmint card !
I would ask for a refund just out of principal. I have been getting so frustrated with the online auctions recently. The cast majority of 90s cards that I have won have come is much worse shape than advertised. I had a Pierce show up that was in similar shape recently. When I bought it I noticed the seller had several and had them send me another.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

I'm pretty sure if you tell them that the card was significantly not as described in the auction they will refund you your money back. For a $1.04 sale, they couldn't have made a profit anyways.
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

The way they had it in the picture you couldnt tell the corners had been trimmed to look sharp but as soon as I pulled it out of the envelope I could see it.

i am guessing he was being sarcastic in his auction..
maybe what he meant to say is YES HAHAHA ITS SO NM/MINT!
PC Players: Damian Lillard, Klay Thompson and Andre Iguodala
Currant set chase: 12/13 NT Dual Matchups Prime (71/100), Absolute Team Tandems Prime (12/25), Innovation Stat Line Prime (7/25)
PC: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28871127@N03/sets

This is exactly why I have gone to primarily buying graded cards. I was not as knowledgable or aware of condition when I first starting collecting again. After looking through some of my collection of cards that I bought on Ebay, I quickly became disgusted at the condition of some cards. Even now that I am more aware, I look at cards and it is horrible the condition cards come in. Like I have said before, a lot of these sellers simply put out 100's of auctions at a time and do not carefully examine the condition. Even if I see a dent on the surface that would not overal affect the grade drastically (probably still in the NRMT category, 8-8.5), I still list it. I would rather be 100% honest and lose a couple bucks then lie or omit the truthnad lose out completly like this seller will.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I would ask for a refund just out of principal. If nothing else it might make the seller more aware of checking condition more thoroughly prior to listing a card for sale on eBay.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(04-19-2013, 02:04 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: This is exactly why I have gone to primarily buying graded cards. I was not as knowledgable or aware of condition when I first starting collecting again. After looking through some of my collection of cards that I bought on Ebay, I quickly became disgusted at the condition of some cards. Even now that I am more aware, I look at cards and it is horrible the condition cards come in. Like I have said before, a lot of these sellers simply put out 100's of auctions at a time and do not carefully examine the condition. Even if I see a dent on the surface that would not overal affect the grade drastically (probably still in the NRMT category, 8-8.5), I still list it. I would rather be 100% honest and lose a couple bucks then lie or omit the truthnad lose out completly like this seller will.
Most MJ collectors seem to be doing the same, I have seen a lot of the cheaper graded 9.5 sub $100 cards being sold very quickly of late...

Must be the new trend...

When people can buy a Graded MJ 9.5 for $30 and the BV of the card is $30, it makes sense to get those over the next 5 "nr-mint" ungraded cards that will likely only grade BGS 8.5...
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]