`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6.5? are you serious BGS?

6.5? are you serious BGS?
I just sent about 21 cards to have graded on this last batch, ranging from 1982 to 2012, 4 cards came out of a 2012 topps set that I just opened, 3 of them graded 9 or higher, they graded one at 6.5, the rest graded 4 at 8.5 and the rest were 9's or higher, asked for an explanation from the rep before they sent them back to me and no response. Yet I get emails from them how I am a valued customer and here is a deal for the next group of cards to submit. Where is the customer service to at least explain why such an awful grade on the card. May be my last batch sent to BGS for a while, looks like PSA earned another chance for my money. Anyone else have issues like this?

RE: 6.5? are you serious BGS?
Probably surface. Print spots would be my guess. You can click the online link to the card in your grading order to answer your own question.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

You don't get explanations for the grades. Usually if you take a loupe and take a look at the card you can quickly see where the card went wrong.
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

(04-19-2013, 09:17 AM)dk1017432 Wrote: I just sent about 21 cards to have graded on this last batch, ranging from 1982 to 2012, 4 cards came out of a 2012 topps set that I just opened, 3 of them graded 9 or higher, they graded one at 6.5, the rest graded 4 at 8.5 and the rest were 9's or higher, asked for an explanation from the rep before they sent them back to me and no response. Yet I get emails from them how I am a valued customer and here is a deal for the next group of cards to submit. Where is the customer service to at least explain why such an awful grade on the card. May be my last batch sent to BGS for a while, looks like PSA earned another chance for my money. Anyone else have issues like this?
Is the 6.5 from the 2012 set? Just b/c it's from an unopened set doesn't automatically mean it's going to get a good grade. Like you, I bought a few sealed complete sets for the Nolan Ryan cards. After I opened a couple of them, I quickly realized that they weren't going to grade very well, so I didn't even bother to send them in.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

it says the corners were 7.5 and the edges are 5.5, have another card in the same batch with a noticeable bad corner and it got a 9 for the corners, the other card can't visible see any thing to warrant a 7.5 and 5.5, and the same batch got a darvish rookie that came back labeled sp throwing with the left arm and its obvious he is throwing with the right arm so i don't know what they were looking at, i looked at a copy of my submission form and i didn't write throwing with the left arm in the description. really disappointed in this last batch of graded cards

(04-19-2013, 02:53 PM)dk1017432 Wrote: it says the corners were 7.5 and the edges are 5.5, have another card in the same batch with a noticeable bad corner and it got a 9 for the corners, the other card can't visible see any thing to warrant a 7.5 and 5.5, and the same batch got a darvish rookie that came back labeled sp throwing with the left arm and its obvious he is throwing with the right arm so i don't know what they were looking at, i looked at a copy of my submission form and i didn't write throwing with the left arm in the description. really disappointed in this last batch of graded cards
I've had problems with some of my batches too. Not with the grades, just clerical errors, like your Darvish. Maybe Jeff (the MOD), will see this thread. OR you can always contact him through the Beckett message system.
Was the 5.5 for Edges on a thick card?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Post high resolution scans when you get them in.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram